Electric Vehicle....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

k4ylr

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
it shows two just right below the Oklahoma panhandle and I’m almost certain there isn’t one. Guymon got a EV Charger but it’s not Tesla and it’s not a super charger I don’t think.

Those are the Shamrock, TX charger which is just inside the TX border on the way to Amarillo and likely the Weatherford charger. We have OKC, Tulsa, Perry, Ardmore and Weatherford within the state. Going west you hit the Shamrock and Amarillo chargers in TX. The map obviously isn't to scale with the legends.

n423

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My friend had a Honda Civic CNG and the tank was in the trunk. No room for anything else in trunk. Got great mileage but he sold after a couple years.
I would be one of the last people to buy an EV. My neighbor wife has a Tesla, she backs in the garage to charge it. It's just not for me.

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
My friend had a Honda Civic CNG and the tank was in the trunk. No room for anything else in trunk. Got great mileage but he sold after a couple years.
I would be one of the last people to buy an EV. My neighbor wife has a Tesla, she backs in the garage to charge it. It's just not for me.

cng always freaked me out. Like a big bomb in your car.

bobfuente

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
David, I bought a 2018 Prius Prime Advance and get a combined 83.7 MPG but that is with me using the in car drive battery around town. I don't remember the last time I filled up-maybe a month ago. It will go around 30 miles before the engine kicks on. I go from Jones to OKC and about 3-4 miles from the house the engine kicks in. It comes with a 120v extension cord to charge the car via any home receptacle and takes about 4 hours but I wired 220 from the circuit breaker (put in 20 amp breaker I believe) and bought a Charge Point unit, mounted it to the wall and it takes only about 2 hours to charge now. I think that I am going to be happy that I bought the Prius in a couple of months.
Only downside is the Prius won't carry much luggage and food stuff if you're on a long trip. Also, it doesn't have a spare of any kind, just a small compressor and can of stuff that supposedly will stop a small leak should I have a flat. Oh, I bought the top or near the top of the line around $32,000 and the seats aren't leather-they are vinyl-like. Other electric cars have a greater range of travel with the battery. A used Nissan Leaf can be had fairly reasonable on virtually any internet venue, go for a 2015 or newer since they have the extended range with the battery.
One final thing, an electric powered car with gas engine backup doesn't have. lot of miles on the engine because all the miles are local and using the electric power.
I've been following this thread attentively and your Prius is in my opinion the best option available, because it charges its battery pack with a small gasoline engine. It makes complete sense to me.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No problem. I'll placate them with my wife's chocolate cookies. :rubhands:

Woody

Hmmm...

...my guess is that you've never been there. Back in the '60's when I was in the Army, I was stationed at a small base near Peshawar, (West Pakistan at the time.) Peshawar is roughly 100 miles or so from where they found bin Laden.

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hmmm...

...my guess is that you've never been there. Back in the '60's when I was in the Army, I was stationed at a small base near Peshawar, (West Pakistan at the time.) Peshawar is roughly 100 miles or so from where they found bin Laden.

That's right. I've never been there. The closest I ever got was floating around in the Med. Still, chocolate cookies can make a strong man beg and a weak man - eh - beg as well.:mosh:

Woody

Latest posts

Top Bottom