Elgin Schools Closed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Can remember my wife commuting from Enid to Weatherford many times in the snow because they wouldn't close campus lol. Same for OSU. If you were a commuter and couldn't make it, you just missed class because campuses never closed.

wawazat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Our youngest attends UCO and she's out. Apparently Edmond Schools are still planning to be open. My wife is anxiously waiting to see what Piedmont does.

I'll be working from home like usual . . . :)
Yeah, they sent my daughter home with her Chromebook just in case. My son got his license last week so we are curious how he is feeling about getting home if they don't cancel.

We will see how it plays out.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Geeze, when I was a kid we’d watch the bottom of the tv screen the morning of and see if school was closed.
When I was a kid, they said the superintendent would only call a snow day if he couldn't get to the office, and he supposedly drove a 4x4. I don't remember having any snow days, even when we had ice on the roads, and they sure didn't call it off based on a chance of snow.

wawazat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Geeze, when I was a kid we’d watch the bottom of the tv screen the morning of and see if school was closed.
We did too, but we were praying our school's name didnt come up hahaha. If school was canceled it meant we were spending all day out in the cold breaking ice out of stock tanks, toting straw into the barns for the smaller calves, draining hoses and toting them to the wellhouse under the heat lamp, etc.

Our kids eyes just get huge when I tell them why we used to dread school being canceled.

Latest posts

Top Bottom