Ever feel like the food service is slow at McD?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's not just fast food. There is a huge shortage of nearly all kinds of workers - the nonsense about 15 dollars an hour going to drive businesses to close is just BS.

The pay gap between executives and the masses keeps widening, and companies continue to pay as little as possible to workers. (one reason you see illegals who speaka no Engrish at fast food places) If fast food places could outsource to China they would - there is ZERO loyalty to America in the boardroom.

The current inflation and the falling value of a dollar is only going to drive workers' pay up and though it may sound ridiculous, the buying power of those dollars keeps dropping like a rock.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

HFS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Who wants to work in fast food when you can make more money in a less crappy job? It’s simple supply and demand.
^^Agree eleventy thousand percent.
I don't know how to quote two posts at the same time, so I'm just quoting this one.

Somebody else wrote above that if times get really tough people will be begging for those fast food jobs.
In a past life decades ago I worked in some "public facing" jobs.
Dealing with the American public sucked then. I don't care if they are paying $30 an hour, I would have to be in a damn tight financial situation before I would put up with the general public today.
There are too many entitled a-holes in this country now (both customers and bosses).
And put a nitro tablet underneath your tongue -- all those a-holes are not younger, radical left wingers. Some are part of the group that consider themselves "God fearing, conservative, Christian, patriot, gun owners."

HFS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's not just fast food. There is a huge shortage of nearly all kinds of workers - the nonsense about 15 dollars an hour going to drive businesses to close is just BS.

The pay gap between executives and the masses keeps widening, and companies continue to pay as little as possible to workers. (one reason you see illegals who speaka no Engrish at fast food places) If fast food places could outsource to China they would - there is ZERO loyalty to America in the boardroom.

The current inflation and the falling value of a dollar is only going to drive workers' pay up and though it may sound ridiculous, the buying power of those dollars keeps dropping like a rock.
^^I think this is true but I also believe there is basically ZERO loyalty to America in the customer standing in front of the counter getting ready to buy something.
(In before everybody who says, but I would pay a little bit more for American products. Some would but I think most will not.)

Latest posts

Top Bottom