Every thing hurts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
To all you guys dealing with the effects of Long Covid -- man I can't think of anything worse. You guys all have my prayers.

I'd tag everybody but I know some members who have had issues have not commented here and I'm afraid I'll miss somebody if I start doing that ...

But dang that has got to be disconcerting.
After hearing what my son and DIL are still going through I can't help thinking about all those (like my kid) that screamed, back then, that the whole Covid-19 thing was just a whole bunch of BS made-up by our government; how fake everything was; all the 'crap' about wearing masks and keeping distance; and his almost violent objections to getting vaccinated.
We had some real doozy arguments between us because I had chosen to be vaxed while he did not. Still cannot say whether the precautions helped or not (don't really care actually) . . . but as it turned out, he and his got the bug and is still 'paying the bill', while I did not. Fate? Karma? Divine intervention? Precautions taken? :anyone:

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
After hearing what my son and DIL are still going through I can't help thinking about all those (like my kid) that screamed, back then, that the whole Covid-19 thing was just a whole bunch of BS made-up by our government; how fake everything was; all the 'crap' about wearing masks and keeping distance; and his almost violent objections to getting vaccinated.
We had some real doozy arguments between us because I had chosen to be vaxed while he did not. Still cannot say whether the precautions helped or not (don't really care actually) . . . but as it turned out, he and his got the bug and is still 'paying the bill', while I did not. Fate? Karma? Divine intervention? Precautions taken? :anyone:

You know that's just the thing. People couldn't believe that I would actually stay in the same house with Grumpy because he was vaxxed. And vice versa. We never argued about it because we both know how bad it can be when we argue like a lot of people were doing back then. We make the War of the Roses look like an European cruise. It is NOT pretty.

I didn't disregard the virus but I also didn't think all the hoopla was necessary. I don't wanna start nuthing but I've had it twice and if there was anyone who should have gotten sick and died it was me. But instead Grumpy's perfectly healthy 30-something year-old daughter got it and died.

All I have ever asked is for others to respect my choices like I respected theirs. 🤷

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
So one thing I found that may help with all you turds waking up hurting is to get a sleep study. When I got mine/diagnosed with sleep apnea I asked the doc all kinds of questions. Apparently, when you stop breathing in your sleep, not only does your heart/brain go into panic mode, but the rest of your body does too. It can cause a lot of pain due to issues with blood flow, excessive muscle movement/tension, etc. I would wake up after sleeping 5 hours, 8 hours, or 12 hours feeling like I just went through a night in the ring at Wrestlemania. I tell you what brother, it wasn't fun. Got the CPAP, while I still dislike wearing it a year later, I could never go back to sleeping without one. I actually get restful sleep. I don't wake up feeling exhausted or like I fell off the roof in my sleep.

A sleep study and a CPAP took me from getting whooped on by sleep
wrestlemania iii wrestling GIF by WWE

to making sleep my friend. Can't beat that.

Ric Flair Sport GIF by WWE

Last edited:

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So one thing I found that may help with all you turds waking up hurting is to get a sleep study. When I got mine/diagnosed with sleep apnea I asked the doc all kinds of questions. Apparently, when you stop breathing in your sleep, not only does your heart/brain go into panic mode, but the rest of your body does too. It can cause a lot of pain due to issues with blood flow, excessive muscle movement/tension, etc. I would wake up after sleeping 5 hours, 8 hours, or 12 hours feeling like I just went through a night in the ring at Wrestlemania. I tell you what brother, it wasn't fun. Got the CPAP, while I still dislike wearing it a year later, I could never go back to sleeping without one. I actually get restful sleep. I don't wake up feeling exhausted or like I fell off the roof in my sleep.

A sleep study and a CPAP took me from getting whooped on by sleep
wrestlemania iii wrestling GIF by WWE

to making sleep my friend. Can't beat that.

Ric Flair Sport GIF by WWE
That is an interesting view i never thought of Because i also do that ! cant remember the last time i slept a whole night and didn't wake up 10 times!. thanks for the info

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You guys got me all primed to ask my doc about a sleep study when I see her Friday. I don't even remember the last time I slept all the way thru the night. I always thought it was my head/neck/back/hips thing after my battle but I'm certainly willing to entertain the idea that maybe sleep apnea could be a contributing factor.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
That is an interesting view i never thought of Because i also do that ! cant remember the last time i slept a whole night and didn't wake up 10 times!. thanks for the info

You guys got me all primed to ask my doc about a sleep study when I see her Friday. I don't even remember the last time I slept all the way thru the night. I always thought it was my head/neck/back/hips thing after my battle but I'm certainly willing to entertain the idea that maybe sleep apnea could be a contributing factor.
Getting a sleep study and a CPAP is probably one of the best things I have ever done for myself.

Check into it, I highly suggest it. Sleep apnea isnt just for fat people, smokers, or boxers, it can affect anyone, as head injuries, concussions, and just the way genetics influence our throat, mouth, and sinus construction all can cause sleep apnea. Many people have it and have no idea, it’s worth getting checked for it. The initial take home test is easy and affordable for anyone to do every few years to keep on top of things. Untreated sleep apnea can reduce life expectancy by a decade or more, and can cause heart issues, digestive issues, depression, stroke, even cancer. Sleep is how we heal and regenerate. If we can’t get the sleep we need, we don’t heal or regenerate properly. Before getting diagnosed, my shoulder would wake me up at night hurting. Twice torn rotator cuff that never wanted to heal. About 6 months ago I realized that my shoulder doesn’t wake me up anymore. It doesn’t really hurt. Range of motion is still horrible, but it isn’t killing me anymore. I don’t know if it’s the better sleep that helped, but my shoulders have been torn up for 13 years prior to getting my cpap.

1911DA

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Another area of pain meds and doctor patient relationships is the intrusion and over sight of the insurance companies and the fukin federal guberment mostly thanks to the bs rules from obamacare ............ you can't prescribe this this for that condition or you have prescribed too much of xyz pain killer for your patien base yadda yadda yadda

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom