Experience with Patriot Industries?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aviator41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Anyone have any experience with the folks running Patriot Industries out of Guthrie? Good or bad - lets hear it.

At the beginning of the summer, We wandered in and talked a few minutes with the guys. The place was in a fair state of disarray and the cabinets were pretty bare, but the guys were nice. They happened to have a couple of lbs of Titewad on a back shelf, so I snagged them for a very reasonable price and have been making some nice light recoil loads for my new Cowboy Action addiction with it.

Anyone else? I know they're not a sponsor of the boards, so BB if I can't as this, just slap me on the hand

Hump66

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought a pound of Tac there about a year ago, haven't been back since. Not that there's anything bad, just haven't been that way lately.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Far as I know you are good. I'm going to Guthrie here in the next couple of weeks. What's their address?? I'd like to check co them out. Might be able to surprise the damned JBT with something ... if I have any money left over after hitting the quilting store and lunch with SCMMOM ... :naughty:

aviator41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Here you go BB

211 E Oklahoma Ave, Guthrie, OK 73044
(405) 293-9922

I'm not ashamed to say that the wife and I (yes, me included) LOVE the quilting store on Sooner. That have some of THE coolest fabrics and every color of embroidery thread under the sun to keep our machine fed. I can tell you that a grown man gets odd looks when he goes in there alone - and ever more looks when he's able to converse about what the have and not just say "Ya'll got needles and thread? I done ripped my britches."

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here you go BB

211 E Oklahoma Ave, Guthrie, OK 73044
(405) 293-9922

I'm not ashamed to say that the wife and I (yes, me included) LOVE the quilting store on Sooner. That have some of THE coolest fabrics and every color of embroidery thread under the sun to keep our machine fed. I can tell you that a grown man gets odd looks when he goes in there alone - and ever more looks when he's able to converse about what the have and not just say "Ya'll got needles and thread? I done ripped my britches."

Ohhhhh ... thanks!! I know what you mean (about the fabric store) ... GC takes a nap in the car. He's just not into it ... at all ... :(

aviator41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Well, the wife and I had the chance to sit through the SDA course at Patriot over the weekend. They offer the course free of charge for military and the like so the wife was free. I paid the cursory $50 to spend my day there. The class was the typical SDA course, everything was covered very well as it should be. Course materials were dry but the instructor kept us all involved with humorous stories and interesting props. He had an old pistol that had three squibs in it's bulged barrel. Over time, it had oozed lead out of the crack in the barrel. Pretty neat to see. The stories usually illustrated what not to do. Only a lunch break was given, a couple of 15 minute breaks in there would have been nice.

We had to sit through a pretty long sales pitch from a guy pushing U.S. Law Shield. His pitch was sporadic and very fear-based but I guess that's what you have to do. A number of folks signed up right then and there for the service. We were not among them. We felt like it was being crammed down out throat and neither of us respond to fear based tactics very well. I will be posting a thread asking opinions on these types of services shortly. To Patriots credit, there was no sales pitch to buy anything from the store. He briefly mentioned his services, additional training classes and the obvious fact that he'd like us to buy a gun from him but that was it.

Shooting portion of the class was done on private property out near Coyle in an overgrown grassy field. I was prepared to shoot up to 50 rounds. After 8 rounds through the same hole in a paper plate at 7 yards, he signed me off and I was on my way. The wife didn't have to shoot due to her Military status and by this time we had spent an entire day futzing with this class and were ready to be in the deer blind again so we left immediately.

The class group was everything from a couple of Navy crewmen to a several grandma's that didn't know the difference between a bullet and a button. I sincerely hope those ladies get more training, but they probably won't.

Apparently the owner is on the board of OK2A (or an active member or something) so it was nice to see him tied to a sponsor for our beloved okshooters.com. Nice folks, easy going, very knowledgeable. Overall, it was a good experience. I could have used some better lesson planning and a better spot for live-fire, but those will be addressed, I'm sure.

Latest posts

Top Bottom