Favorite BBQ Sauce??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You do realize when you cook with alcohol it burns off the alcohol right?

Does most of the time. Simmering on low in a crockpot I am not so sure, so I do not take the risk. I am diabetic so can not have the alcohol and use sugar free grape jelly.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Head Country for the win.

Is the restaurant on 14th and Prospect still open? Last time I visited it, the ribs were outstanding!

Yep, still open. When we finish shooting steel challenge or a USPSA match at the Ponca range, we all go to the Head Country restaurant.
I used to cook on the BBQ circuit, along with Danny Head at about the same time. After winning the Jack Daniels World Championship a couple of times, he has pretty much retired from the circuit, and only does a local cook-off or two every year. He is tough to beat.

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I can't tell you as it doesn't meet your criteria..... :)

But if you opened it up to favorite sauce it would be #3 from Whole Hog, then #2 from Whole Hog, then #1, then the hot sauce from Rib Crib. Head Country Hickory is great also.

Whole Hog's Volcano will blow your mind....

corwin1968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Been eating Head Country BBQ sauce since I was a kid. I'll have to pick up a bottle of Stubbs. I've always been intrigued by the idea of a vinegar based BBQ sauce but my only experience was a homemade (by me) version and it was inedible.

Latest posts

Top Bottom