Favorite Beer

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ewheeley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Stella Artois quite often. Michelob Ultra because it's bearable and I'm on a diet. Dos Equis and XX Amber is compulsory with Mexican food.

I'm curious if anyone here has ever been to Hawaii and tried any of the beers from the Kona Brewing Company? I absolutely LOVED their Longboard Lager. It was very similar to Stella to me, but I guess it tasted better because I was in paradise. Can't get it in AR, OK, MO, KS, or MS. Gonna have to pick up a ton in Alabama this summer on my way to South Carolina. It's worth it.

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Kind of saddens me when I hear "its awesome when served freezing cold". That really isn't a good beer if you have to freeze out your taste buds. Great for mowing lawn though.

Scottydog

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't drink much anymore, but the discontinued Shiner 98 is probably my favorite. I really like Leinenkugel Sunset Wheat, Boulevard Wheat, most hefeweizens. I also like Shiner Bock, more so than most "real" bocks, and Shiner Blonde.

I thought Shiner 98 was the BEST, also! Currently, their Dortmunder reminds me of the '98.

chr_edw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Shiner Black Lager, Guiness Black Lager, Sam Adams Black Lager, Hoffbrau Dunkel, Newcastle Brown Ale, Smithwick's. Not in that order, but I like all of 'em.

Good tastes ! If you are ever around and want to go find a black lager let me know.

That Shiner black lager is my current favorite. Liked the guiness black lager at first but didn't after a few. Seemed to have a weird after taste.

Close second is probably Smithwicks for now. Going to try some guiness draught out of the bottle today, and may pick-up some siera nevada since alot seem to like it.

RaysZ71

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
After spending 14+yrs in Germany, anything American made taste's watered down. I order mine on post, an pick it up.

It's not just because you lived in Germany, American beer, specially Oklahoma available beer is flavored water that makes you pee, that's all.

Latest posts

Top Bottom