Favorite Tulsa Burger

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's been many years. That's when they started opening other stores and doing the Fancier burgers. They had one in Owasso that didn't last long. All the old guard left the Harvard store years ago. The 71st store is okay at best.
I ate at the 71st store, and the burger was ok, but nothing to write home about. The root beer, on the other hand, was spectacular.

Ron's is pretty good, although I've only eaten at the one in Glenpool, so I don't know if they're uniformly good.

I usually eat at Flo's in Catoosa once per week. Those are some dang fine burgers. They're my favorite in the Tulsa area.

Smitty's Garage's onion burger is also a dang fine burger, although they're kind of chintzy with their fries.

Fat Guys makes a decent burger, but they've undercooked their burgers the last few times I've eaten there. I don't mind my steaks being a bit undercooked, but I can't deal with undercooked ground beef. Plus, they're expensive; they run about twice the price of Whataburger, but they aren't twice as good, IMHO.

Five Guys makes pretty good burgers and fries, but they charge way too much for them.

Poke78

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Gimme your picks:
Hanks - Good food, tough parking
Bill's Jumbo - Only been once
Flo's - Only been once
Arnold's - Don’t care for pre-formed patties
Claud's - Only been once
Brownies - Way overpriced, poor value
Weber's Root Beer - Chiliburger!!!!
Hardens - Didn’t know they re-opened, not worth seeking out IMO

Ron’s - Best thing is the jalapeño chicken, burgers are OK
Linda-Mar - same comment as Ron’s
Freddie’s (not the custard place) - good burgers with fresh-cut fries

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Some really good places mentioned here.... love the Spanish fries @ Rons.

I'll take Fatguys over most of them and the Tavern has an awesome burger, get it with the Angry Mac N Cheese.

Glock 40

Problem Solver
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oh dear lord don't go to Linda-Mars that is some nasty west side ghetto burger in a place that is dirtier than a backwoods gas station bathroom. Just don't.

As for Ron's after they sold out to every tom dick and harry to have them all over the place. They are okay not great not bad just okay. They have a few good items but its not anywhere close to best burger in Tulsa area. I remember one time sitting down with my FIL and wife at Ron's in sand springs. Girl taking our order asked how do you want your burger cooked. He said "Smashed flat and burnt like you always make them." I about fell out of the booth lmao.

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was eating at Hanks out on Admiral close to the traffic circle riding my Cushman motorscotter in 1963 when I was in High school for lunch. Only had about eight stools back then, the rest of us had to eat standing in between. Old hank passed away but son kept it going with a pretty good burger, still there.

Poke78

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Oh dear lord don't go to Linda-Mars that is some nasty west side ghetto burger in a place that is dirtier than a backwoods gas station bathroom. Just don't.

As for Ron's after they sold out to every tom dick and harry to have them all over the place. They are okay not great not bad just okay. They have a few good items but its not anywhere close to best burger in Tulsa area. I remember one time sitting down with my FIL and wife at Ron's in sand springs. Girl taking our order asked how do you want your burger cooked. He said "Smashed flat and burnt like you always make them." I about fell out of the booth lmao.

LMAO at an admitted neckbeard calling out “west
Side ghetto burger”... :laugh6:Try the Admiral location if you break out in hives when you cross the river.

Latest posts

Top Bottom