Favorite TV commercials from years ago...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jason Freeland

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I can't seem to find any of them on youtube, but the animal planet life is better with animals commercials were great. One showed a guy breaking in who confronts a series of meaner animals and finally says "ok, who wants a biscuit". It switches view to the homeowners in bed with a monkey coming in and giving them a thumbs up, with sounds of a hell of a fight in the other room.

JoeUSooner

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Some of the most entertaining and thought-provoking advertising that I remember were the Volkswagen billboards of the late '70s and early '80s... including the simple picture of the moon lander, with the tagline underneath that said, "It's ugly, but it gets you there. VW"

Or the Isuzu tv ads of the early 90's. The best one was the asian car salesman who had trouble getting his prospective customer to correctly pronounce "Isuzu." After a number of attempts (including manually manipulating the customer's cheeks), the salesman gives up, leans on the car top, and says... "that's okay, I can't say "shevaray" [Chevrolet]

GeneW

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
OH gosh, so many! The old Frito Bandito commecials, Mama Mia What A Spicy Meatball, and of course the 80's Braums commercials of Vern and Jim Varney, usually hanging on a window or something.

Latest posts

Top Bottom