Feral Pigs - A Road Hazard

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UnSafe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A point of hog trapping, told to me by Ft. Sill's Game warden Glen Wampler, was to trap continuously, year round. Even if your traps are no longer catching hogs, they're out there. He had traps on Ft. Sill that were visible from the road via binos. That way, his guys could check on the traps every day or two while not disturbing them except to put out bait.

DPI

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Any luck DPI?

Not as of Wednesday morning. There were two raccoons photoed that morning, but no deer or hogs since we placed the trap out there. I will be going out early next week to rebait and check the cameras. And I will be continuing to bait until I can work the hogs back in and get them accustom to the trap. I will definitely keep you posted.

DPI

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We made it back out and the pigs are back. It took exactly a week for them to get back on camera. We are waiting to set the trap until next weekend, but plan to go back out Wednesday to check everything again.

They do not seem to like the soured corn as they didn't touch the bucket with this corn. They are still tearing up the fresh deer corn.

I put some sardines out this morning to see if they like that.

[Broken External Image]

Latest posts

Top Bottom