Ferocious Pitbull

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrandonM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Pit bulls are very protective of their families. That makes them a great family dog and also a good dog to make mean. They get a bad rap, but they are no different than a gun, generally a good and fun thing to have around, great for home protection, but in the wrong hands they can be very dangerous. Many dogs would fall into that category. Pit bulls are like the “assault rifle” of the dog world, easy to demonize.

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If one out a thousand Glocks just occasionally fired on its own, would you carry a Glock? They are great guns. Ergonomic, dependable, accurate. I’m betting you wouldn’t. There is no question that some dogs (especially pits) just go off, without warning, with their owner claiming exactly the same things you say about your dog. Somehow it just doesn’t make sense to own a firearm that would “behave” the same way.

BrandonM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If one out a thousand Glocks just occasionally fired on its own, would you carry a Glock? They are great guns. Ergonomic, dependable, accurate. I’m betting you wouldn’t. There is no question that some dogs (especially pits) just go off, without warning, with their owner claiming exactly the same things you say about your dog. Somehow it just doesn’t make sense to own a firearm that would “behave” the same way.

Are you arguing that nobody should own any dogs, or that pits are inherently more dangerous and therefore nobody should own pits? I think either assertion is wrong.

Maybe I misunderstood and you are arguing that Glocks suck.

Last edited:

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

I remember a ton of guys saying Glocks "go off on their own" back in the day only to find some sort of negligence was at fault when it did in most of the cases. I'll bet there are a ton of "without warnings" that equate to people that applied human psychology to dogs and didn't understand any warnings. When was the last time you saw ANYONE admit their own fault in the news of a situation like that? There was a German Shepard that bit a Jenks girl here in the news recently..... it's the second time it's happened and the owner still doesn't admit fault. Imagine if that was a "pit." We take that word for gospel and we shouldn't. Large breeds aren't for everyone for sure and like anything there is the possibility that the animal is just downright mean. I can happen with any breed, as I've seen a ton of small dogs that I've wanted to punt because the owner wasn't responsible enough to discipline them. It didn't matter because how much damage can they do? and the owner needs that instant gratification. Now apply that to someone that thinks it's cool to have a murderdeathkill dog and doesn't do his due diligence.

There is no foolproof plan in owning a powerful breed, just like you're never going to guarantee you'll never have an ND. However, like owning an AR, I'll call BS on all the hype.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Link 2 <-----I'd say the owner was at fault..... you? I know a Chow that did the same thing in my neighborhood growing up. "Pits" are very protective, just like more than a number of large breeds.

Link 3 <----- No owner?

Link 4 <----- "Mixed breed" dog mauls a child after they were never properly introduced. Somehow this is the Pitbull that MIGHT be in there?

Link 5 <------ Another free roaming dog pack, that included a Rotweiller, that wasn't socialized. If the "Pit" is the problem here, why didn't the Rott walk away?

Link 6 <------ Again, any owner responsibility at play here? See the size of the dog in the video? My heeler mix can scale a 4ft Chain fence.

Link 7<------- Explain how this dog acted differently than a German Shepard, Rott, or Mastiff would? Again, a LOT of owner negligence.

I'm still missing the proof of the random muderdeathkill gene.

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Are you arguing that nobody should own any dogs, or that pits are inherently more dangerous and therefore nobody should own pits? I think either assertion is wrong.

Maybe I misunderstood and you are arguing that Glocks suck.
Some dogs are more dangerous than others. This is so obvious but apparently needs to be said. Some dogs are more likely to snap or go off, regardless of how they’ve been raised. Again, this is clearly obvious but apparently has to be said. At some point the risk outweighs the benefits of owning a particular animal. What about owning a wolf? Would that be okay? People do own and raise wolves but most who do are aware of the risks and treat them appropriately. A lot of people who own pits treat them like a teddy bear. That’s not wise or safe.

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Link 2 <-----I'd say the owner was at fault..... you? I know a Chow that did the same thing in my neighborhood growing up. "Pits" are very protective, just like more than a number of large breeds.

Link 3 <----- No owner?

Link 4 <----- "Mixed breed" dog mauls a child after they were never properly introduced. Somehow this is the Pitbull that MIGHT be in there?

Link 5 <------ Another free roaming dog pack, that included a Rotweiller, that wasn't socialized. If the "Pit" is the problem here, why didn't the Rott walk away?

Link 6 <------ Again, any owner responsibility at play here? See the size of the dog in the video? My heeler mix can scale a 4ft Chain fence.

Link 7<------- Explain how this dog acted differently than a German Shepard, Rott, or Mastiff would? Again, a LOT of owner negligence.

I'm still missing the proof of the random muderdeathkill gene.
So a lot of pit owners are dumbasses apparently

Latest posts

Top Bottom