Ferocious Pitbull

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So a lot of pit owners are dumbasses apparently

I can't speak for millions of "pit" owners out there where nothing will happen today with their dogs..... but it seems that there's a TON of negligence in these links..... if there's a human/ownership element at all.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Some dogs are more dangerous than others. This is so obvious but apparently needs to be said. Some dogs are more likely to snap or go off, regardless of how they’ve been raised. Again, this is clearly obvious but apparently has to be said. At some point the risk outweighs the benefits of owning a particular animal. What about owning a wolf? Would that be okay? People do own and raise wolves but most who do are aware of the risks and treat them appropriately. A lot of people who own pits treat them like a teddy bear. That’s not wise or safe.

Some dogs ARE more potentially dangerous than others, and it's been said in this thread. Obviously a Rottweiller has more potential than a poodle. In terms of "snapping no matter how they've been raised" well..... agree to disagree. Seen too many positive examples, which is clearly obvious to me.

Comparing ownership to a Wolf is apples to oranges... considering a Wolf hasn't been bred in domestication for decades.

In terms of your last statement, we'll just leave it that you choose to do what you feel is "wise or safe" at your comfort and knowledge level and I will do the same.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If your dog approaches me on the street off his leash, it will be treated with severe caution. A chiwawa, that comes at me barking, I'll line up for a field goal over the neighbors house, a pit, rott or other large dangerous breed will get a boolit. I wont wait for a first attack.
Keep em contained or they are fair game to me.

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Some dogs ARE more potentially dangerous than others, and it's been said in this thread. Obviously a Rottweiller has more potential than a poodle. In terms of "snapping no matter how they've been raised" well..... agree to disagree. Seen too many positive examples, which is clearly obvious to me.

Comparing ownership to a Wolf is apples to oranges... considering a Wolf hasn't been bred in domestication for decades.

In terms of your last statement, we'll just leave it that you choose to do what you feel is "wise or safe" at your comfort and knowledge level and I will do the same.
The wolf isn’t as apples to oranges as you say. Pits have for decades been bred to be aggressive killers (not human killers although that does happen obviously). Surely you know the history of the breed. To act like they don’t have certain characteristics, haven’t been bred for decades to have certain characteristics, which will potentially lead to more incidents, is foolish. I support your right to own one but I also think people who own them and treat them like any other dog without respecting their breed characteristics and without respecting their potential for damage are idiots. And as the links and statistics show, apparently a lot of pit owners are idiots.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The wolf isn’t as apples to oranges as you say. Pits have for decades been bred to be aggressive killers (not human killers although that does happen obviously). Surely you know the history of the breed. To act like they don’t have certain characteristics, haven’t been bred for decades to have certain characteristics, which will potentially lead to more incidents, is foolish. I support your right to own one but I also think people who own them and treat them like any other dog without respecting their breed characteristics and without respecting their potential for damage are idiots. And as the links and statistics show, apparently a lot of pit owners are idiots.

Sure it is, wolves haven't been bred in domestication nearly to the point "pits" have. That's not even up for argument.

Now I DO agree completely that owners should absolutely respect their power as with any other large breed of the like.

To the rest... https://www.pitbullinfo.org/ Follow the links to the myths, believe them or not, but they are better referenced than anything presented here.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am seeing a lot of people calling a pit a “large” breed. They are not a large breed dog. They are medium. My female isn’t over 50 pounds. Most males get up to about 75-80 pounds. When they get bigger than that a lot of the time they are a mix between a mastiff and a pit bull. This happens all the time. People are trying to make pits these massive, imposing dogs. It’s just like people that crop their ears. They do it to make the dog look more aggressive or to fight them. Either way it lends more negativity towards the breed. These dogs are a working breed. That’s where the high energy comes from. I think some on here don’t know much about dogs. ALL dogs have a very powerful bite. Even toy breeds have strong bites. I will agree though that a pit has a very strong bite. They are also very strong dogs in general. We walk with our pit all the time and she does great. Even when she sees other dogs. It’s when a dog shows aggression that she starts to protect us. She rarely barks unless there is something out of the ordinary. If a dog in the neighborhood comes up and doesn’t bark and act aggressive my pit just smells of them. But the second they try and bark or growl she goes into protect mode. I like that about my dog. I want her to protect us. I also have a fenced yard and don’t ever let her out without a leash. I have neighbors that let theirs roam around free. I won’t do thag out of respect for others. These dogs get tons of negative publicity because of dirtbags that shouldn’t have a dog in the first place. A lot of thugs have these dogs to try and be tough. Because for some reason having a mean dog makes you tough. These poor dogs don’t get a say so in who their owners are. And when they get raised a certain way and end up hurting someone it’s akways the dogs fault. At least when it’s a pit. Nothing I or anyone says is gonna change someone’s mind that doesn’t like these dogs. Just the way it is.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And we wonder why libs/dems are so dogmatic about their ideals, regardless of the facts. :/

Dogs have been bred for different reasons for centuries. This is why you don't see pit bulls go on point when they scent a bird, and why pointers were never used to bait bulls/bears/etc. in a pit.

But feel free to believe whatever makes ya happy. :drunk2:

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was with a buddy last weekend and he's a med tech at a hospital. He said he sees dog bites come in at least once per shift he works and said 90% are Pit bites.
Just sayin...

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom