Finally Got My Dream Car

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Very nice.
I say Rack and Pinion and here is a little info on Ford racks that I discovered.
My 1982 Ford power rack and pinion was easier to turn than my Pinto Manual rack.
I of course pulled the lines off the power rack and plugged them.

I put that power rack on my 78 Nova and it would steer as easy as the saginaw power system I removed.
I loaned a buddy a power rack that was plugged for his 1940 Ford truck with 351C 4V engine.
He pulled his manual rack off that had been hard to turn since day 1 and tried the power rack.

He was amazed how easy it was to turn.
I one day will use my last Power Fox body rack on something.

I wish I still had my 66 Mustang and my 67 GT and 69 Grande the 73 Mustang was ok but I do not wish for it back and not any of the 3 Mid to late 70's cobras I had.
I liked my Pinto better.

Mustangs used to be inexpensive.

Enjoy the snot out of that one I know I would.

Does it have the 8" or 9" under it since it was an engine swap I must ask.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Congrats! :thumb:

I had a '66 Mustang with a 289/auto trans for a short while. Gave $75 for it (oil light stayed on).

Cost $5-6 to fix it (plus my labor). Traded it for a chopped Triumph 650 that needed work. Sold the Triumph for $225 (without doing any repairs).

Thought I was wheelin' & dealin' ... :hithead:
___

kennedy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Very nice.
I say Rack and Pinion and here is a little info on Ford racks that I discovered.
My 1982 Ford power rack and pinion was easier to turn than my Pinto Manual rack.
I of course pulled the lines off the power rack and plugged them.

I put that power rack on my 78 Nova and it would steer as easy as the saginaw power system I removed.
I loaned a buddy a power rack that was plugged for his 1940 Ford truck with 351C 4V engine.
He pulled his manual rack off that had been hard to turn since day 1 and tried the power rack.

He was amazed how easy it was to turn.
I one day will use my last Power Fox body rack on something.

I wish I still had my 66 Mustang and my 67 GT and 69 Grande the 73 Mustang was ok but I do not wish for it back and not any of the 3 Mid to late 70's cobras I had.
I liked my Pinto better.

Mustangs used to be inexpensive.

Enjoy the snot out of that one I know I would.

Does it have the 8" or 9" under it since it was an engine swap I must ask.
That's good info, thanks. I'm not sure what rear end is in it. That's the one thing I didn't ask about. I'll check

Latest posts

Top Bottom