Finally Got My Dream Car

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kennedy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good for you. I can't afford my dream car a 1970 Lamborghini Miura S. I did just buy this amazing classy old Jaguar Mk II. Like your car it doesn't have power steering or ac. A retro ac kit is $2200. I haven't checked on a power steering kit yet. I haven't ever got the car home yet.View attachment 264643
Very nice. I think I found a/c for around $1800 and the EPAS steering system for around $1400. It can get expensive quick, but worth it

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's worth spending the money if you plan on keeping the car. These Jaguars average $30,000 when sold according to the web. I hope they are right if I ever sell it.

Last edited:

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Very nice. I think I found a/c for around $1800 and the EPAS steering system for around $1400. It can get expensive quick, but worth it
You might look into a Borgeson power steering conversion, you can get that for around $1100. And Classic Auto Air can be had for around $1400.

I have the Borgeson on my 68 and it's pretty nice. A LOT better than the beat to death stock manual steering box that was on it when I bought it.

kennedy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You might look into a Borgeson power steering conversion, you can get that for around $1100. And Classic Auto Air can be had for around $1400.

I have the Borgeson on my 68 and it's pretty nice. A LOT better than the beat to death stock manual steering box that was on it when I bought it.
Thanks for the info, I'll look into those.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm feeling a little buffer after just a couple drives.
I grew up with non-power steering. During fast turns you will learn to let the wheel go and when to grab it when getting around the corner. It can actually be much more precise steering vs power steering once you learn the technique. Try it, you might be surprised.
Normal driving, you need power steering.

kennedy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I grew up with non-power steering. During fast turns you will learn to let the wheel go and when to grab it when getting around the corner. It can actually be much more precise steering vs power steering once you learn the technique. Try it, you might be surprised.
Normal driving, you need power steering.
I've driven cars with manual steering in the past and know the techniques...I just dislike it

Latest posts

Top Bottom