Finally Got My Dream Car

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Congrats, I love old iron, over the years I’ve brought home several (my better half calls me a hoarder, I’ve explained that I’m an accumulator, not a hoarder). I’ve got several finished cars, 7-8 and a couple dozen that are projects.
You only get one life, enjoy what puts a smile on your face.
Tim
“ above ground and loving life”
My most positive accomplishment, I married a good woman and raised four Daughters
I like your 58' Chevy.

okcBob

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Congrats, I love old iron, over the years I’ve brought home several (my better half calls me a hoarder, I’ve explained that I’m an accumulator, not a hoarder). I’ve got several finished cars, 7-8 and a couple dozen that are projects.
You only get one life, enjoy what puts a smile on your face.
Tim
“ above ground and loving life”
My most positive accomplishment, I married a good woman and raised four Daughters
Couple dozen Projects?? I’d like to have just one. Good for you, jealous here. :)

kennedy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Attachments

• 20220403_113401.jpg
    20220403_113401.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 32
  • 2017-09-17_18.13.01_1505690034464.jpg
    2017-09-17_18.13.01_1505690034464.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 26

Slim Deal

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It would be today. Things were different in the '70s (I bought a '52 Ford pickup for $60). :D
___
In the early 70's I bought a 1944 Ford pickup for $30.00. I was driving driving down an alley and spotted the truck, a lady was hanging laundry on the line and I stopped to ask her how much. The most cool part of this truck was the door jam plates, Dept. of US Navy with some long a**ed serial number. As time went by I left the truck in the very back of my step-dads driveway. He got tired of looking at it and called a junk man to haul it away without telling me.

I never really liked him, but this really sealed the deal.

kennedy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In the early 70's I bought a 1944 Ford pickup for $30.00. I was driving driving down an alley and spotted the truck, a lady was hanging laundry on the line and I stopped to ask her how much. The most cool part of this truck was the door jam plates, Dept. of US Navy with some long a**ed serial number. As time went by I left the truck in the very back of my step-dads driveway. He got tired of looking at it and called a junk man to haul it away without telling me.

I never really liked him, but this really sealed the deal.
Damn. That's rough. That's kind of how I lost my first one. Came home from school and some guy was loading it on a trailer in my driveway. Parents hadn't told me anything until I saw it going away.

Latest posts

Top Bottom