Finally Got My Dream Car

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It would be today. Things were different in the '70s (I bought a '52 Ford pickup for $60). :D
___
Bought a 61 Chevy pickup with the 6 banger for $100. Sold a 56 Chevy for $50 with a bad transmission. Bad mistake. It had factory AC, first year. Probably a collectors item these days but money was tight back then.

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for the info, I'll look into those.
Another thing I'd highly suggest is switching to front disc brakes if it doesn't already have them. I went with CSRP ( Classic Services Restoration Parts (Catalog) ) for my conversion and their kit was very complete and considerably less expensive than most of the other brands. The only difficulty I had was bending the new brake lines to connect up to the new master cylinder. But that was a me issue, not the kit. 😁

kennedy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Another thing I'd highly suggest is switching to front disc brakes if it doesn't already have them. I went with CSRP ( Classic Services Restoration Parts (Catalog) ) for my conversion and their kit was very complete and considerably less expensive than most of the other brands. The only difficulty I had was bending the new brake lines to connect up to the new master cylinder. But that was a me issue, not the kit. 😁
It has disc on the front. I need to get a booster and master cylinder to complete the power brakes

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I build stuff for cheap for myself and never wanted power steering or power brakes.
Front discs yes.
Adjustable proportioning valve yes.
AC is fine also.
Good tunes YES
Power windows NO.
Some people like cell phones and have them.
:)

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been chasing my dream car since I was 14 and I finally was able to get it last week. I picked up a 66 Mustang with a 351w. I can't wait to start tweaking it making it mine. I need to add power steering, the wife says a/c, replace a few items here and there. View attachment 264445View attachment 264446View attachment 264447
My wife always wanted one in high school, class of '66, so 40 odd years ago, I bought her a '65 Mustang, 260 CI. The engine was bad but everyuthing was in tact, hub caps, even the spare tire , jack, and lug wrench. The paint was gone down to the primer, but had ZERO RUST! I had a guy come look at it that was a Mustang collector, he was disk jocky with KVOO Radio, Tulsa, can't remember his name, but he said that 64 1/2 Mustangs titles all said '65, and pointed out a few things to verify it was a 64 1/2 model. I had the engine, and transmission, gone through, and it was a good driver, but still needed paint, and upholstery. As good as it was, like all old/classic cars, I was spending a lot of time on the grosery store parking lot, working on this thing! The shoirt version I traded it for a Banjo, a REALLY GOOD BANJO, but this is still a sore point with my wife!

KroyWen

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Very Sweet. I was an old man when I acquired my 1960’s Dream Car, seen on the left. That’s the irony of life, no money when we’re young to travel, get expensive toys etc, & then having the resources when we’re too old to use them. Ha 😎. ENJOY !!

kennedy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Very Sweet. I was an old man when I acquired my 1960’s Dream Car, seen on the left. That’s the irony of life, no money when we’re young to travel, get expensive toys etc, & then having the resources when we’re too old to use them. Ha 😎. ENJOY !!
Nice car! That is the truth about life. However, I'm going to enjoy this!

Tinytim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Congrats, I love old iron, over the years I’ve brought home several (my better half calls me a hoarder, I’ve explained that I’m an accumulator, not a hoarder). I’ve got several finished cars, 7-8 and a couple dozen that are projects.
You only get one life, enjoy what puts a smile on your face.
Tim
“ above ground and loving life”
My most positive accomplishment, I married a good woman and raised four Daughters.

Latest posts

Top Bottom