First M-1 Garand purchase, Info?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lone Wolf '49

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've stayed away from the South store for that very reason...afraid of the damage I'd do to my credit card.

On that note, I saw a note from the CMP that we will soon be able to order rifles directly off their "E-store" online...and follow up with the hard copy paper work within a certain amount of time after that to seal the deal. That is bad news for me...being able to effectively order a Garand or carbine with a click of the mouse....yikes.

I second that. I could do some real damage there. The CMP SG's are the best buy out there. I have never met a CMP M1 Garand I did not like.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I've stayed away from the South store for that very reason...afraid of the damage I'd do to my credit card.

On that note, I saw a note from the CMP that we will soon be able to order rifles directly off their "E-store" online...and follow up with the hard copy paper work within a certain amount of time after that to seal the deal. That is bad news for me...being able to effectively order a Garand or carbine with a click of the mouse....yikes.

If you've already purchased or ordered through them any firearm, they have your records, so it will make it that much easier to order. You won't have to hard copy anything.

sumoj275

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Any local clubs that can be joined for the club requirement? I read where they will take a hunters safety course card for the shooting requirement.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you've already purchased or ordered through them any firearm, they have your records, so it will make it that much easier to order. You won't have to hard copy anything.

Oh lord...smell lots of overtime coming to pay for new rifles....

Lone Wolf '49

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Any local clubs that can be joined for the club requirement? I read where they will take a hunters safety course card for the shooting requirement.

sumo, if you have your CCW or are a veteran, I believe either of those still suffice. A lot of people never do it, simply because of the initial paperwork, but it is well worth any trouble. As per previously stated, the ORA is an affiliate and well worth it. OKC Gun Club and Tri City are the only affiliates I can think of in central OK>

Latest posts

Top Bottom