First sleep study this week. What should I expect?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thank you to everybody. I googled Reggie White's death. It hit close to home. He was 43 and so am I. I had been putting the test off for a year or so, but now I'm looking forward to it.
That happened right about the time I was diagnosed with severe sleep apnea. The first night I had the machine I had real bad allergies (thanks for nothing, you no good cedars), so I was congested and my nose was running and I just couldn’t tolerate the CPAP. Naturally, all I could think of was Reggie White’s death. It’s amazing what your mind will fixate on when you’re sleep deprived.

That was not a stress-free restful night...

GnometownHero

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I built one with a small 12v fan blowing into a 2" pvc reduced to 1/2" and plugged at the end drilled a hole in the plug for the nose hose to attach for use at deer camp. Worked as good as the $2000 one my insurance paid for

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have had my CPAP for about five years. I was having surgery and afterward the anesthesiologist asked my wife if I had sleep apnea because I certainly indicated it during the surgery. So, a couple of weeks later I had the study at Integris, and shortly afterward received my machine. I am very happy with the results.

Latest posts

Top Bottom