Flattop grillin'

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My father always wanted an old fashioned grill like the one at Webers burgers on Peoria in our house, he had almost every other kind of cooking gadget, grills, etc. My fantasy wish list for a badazz home kitchen would include one of those grills and an old Blodgett pizza oven.

71buickfreak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have threatened to put it in the kitchen if we ever get around to remodeling it. I have made burgers on it, but all had were frozen patties. It was good, but fresh would have been better. Pancakes, eggs and bacon is easy to cook for 5 people all at once on it. Also the best grilled cheese comes from the flattop, no more burning one side because the pan's temp goes up and down.

The only downside is that it needs to be cleaned right after you finish cooking, so you either turn it off, eat and then heat it up to clean OR clean it up before eating. Only drawback.

71buickfreak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Seconds to clean. just use water on hot grill , wipe with rag . Grease and residue gone, enjoy supper.

Elance

Sometimes they clean that easy, but usually you need a scraper, and it is supposed to be scrubbed with a grill brick or screen, then wiped with fresh oil to maintain the season.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Seconds to clean. just use water on hot grill , wipe with rag . Grease and residue gone, enjoy supper.

Elance

We ate at Musashi' s Japanese steak house yesterday in Okc. The chef did have to scrape it, But then deglazed the grill with something, added water and scrubbed with a wet towel. Came out spotless pretty quick.

Latest posts

Top Bottom