Since we're all hungry now from all the food posts...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A cake with a file in it.

giphy-2.gif

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I can remember several years ago, whenever DOC had an execution, The Daily Oklahoman would run a story on the inmate about how he spent his last 24 hours. What he did, who he saw and what his final meal was.

So I ask my fellow brethren and brethrenets, what would your final meal be if you were about to meet your maker?

This is a toughie, because there are so many foods that I'm a lover of. But if it came right down to it, I would probably pick...

Ribeye steak, rare, with grilled onions, bell peppers and mushrooms.
Baked potato with real butter, sour cream, bacon bits and shredded cheddar cheese.
Steamed asparagus, broccoli and Brussel sprouts.
And a Ceasars salad.

What say you? What's your final meal?
The issue with prisons is that the prisoner scheduled to die has to order on a budget set by the prison.

Some are more liberal with the monetary amount than others.

I kind of follow some of those inmates that order their last meal. Some a burger and fries, some with shrimp or some fish dish.

If there were no limit, mine would be Kobe beef ribeye imported from Japan, Olete' corn from Mexico, and a baked tater with about a pound of garlic infused butter all over it, then smothered in extra sharp white cheddar cheese from Switzerland.
As an appetizer it would be green tomato's flash fried lightly in bacon grease after dredging in panko breadcrumbs, thick brown gravy made from the drippings, put under the low broiler in the oven until the gravy just cracks on the surface, then served.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That's easy. First I'd find a way to have my surgery reversed so I could eat a LOT more than I can now. Then I'd aliens 2 days making my lasagna and pumpkin cheesecake. Then I'd spend my final day eating ALL of said lasagna and cheesecake. I do believe those are my 2 favorite foods of all time.
Lasagna recipe required before your above post can be approved. :hey3:

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Lasagna recipe required before your above post can be approved. :hey3:
This is the recipe that I use to help me remember what all to buy from the grocery store ( Best Lasagna) . I only use it as a jumping off point though. From there I just throw in what sounds good to me. And I put in so much garlic that I'll NEVER have to worry about Count Dracula trying to cross my threshold.

A couple of the biggest things for me is the bechamel sauce and the cheeses.

I've tried making lasagna with all different brands of ricotta cheese, but I've never been able to find one that doesn't turn out gritty. So, I researched alternatives and I found that the bechamel sauce is more "traditional" and it makes the dish so creamy and velvety.

As for the cheeses, I always go for the best that I can find and afford. I NEVER scrimp on the parmesan or mozzarella. Whole milk mozzarella, freshly grated. Sartori parmesan grated as fine as possible. And lots of both.

One of the most important things that I have learned over the years is that you don't need to (and really shouldn't) boil your noodles before assembling the dish. Assemble it with uncooked pasta and make sure that your sauce is a little extra saucy. By the time it's done baking, the noodles will be perfectly al dente. If you pre-cook them, they'll end up being mushy.

The last tip that I can think of is to make the sauce the day before. I slow simmer my sauce for around 4 hours. Then I let it cool on the stove until it's room temp and put it in the fridge overnight. This let's the flavors meld fully and become one with each other. I've tried making the sauce the day in going to have the lasagna and it's just not as good.

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is the recipe that I use to help me remember what all to buy from the grocery store ( Best Lasagna) . I only use it as a jumping off point though. From there I just throw in what sounds good to me. And I put in so much garlic that I'll NEVER have to worry about Count Dracula trying to cross my threshold.

A couple of the biggest things for me is the bechamel sauce and the cheeses.

I've tried making lasagna with all different brands of ricotta cheese, but I've never been able to find one that doesn't turn out gritty. So, I researched alternatives and I found that the bechamel sauce is more "traditional" and it makes the dish so creamy and velvety.

As for the cheeses, I always go for the best that I can find and afford. I NEVER scrimp on the parmesan or mozzarella. Whole milk mozzarella, freshly grated. Sartori parmesan grated as fine as possible. And lots of both.

One of the most important things that I have learned over the years is that you don't need to (and really shouldn't) boil your noodles before assembling the dish. Assemble it with uncooked pasta and make sure that your sauce is a little extra saucy. By the time it's done baking, the noodles will be perfectly al dente. If you pre-cook them, they'll end up being mushy.

The last tip that I can think of is to make the sauce the day before. I slow simmer my sauce for around 4 hours. Then I let it cool on the stove until it's room temp and put it in the fridge overnight. This let's the flavors meld fully and become one with each other. I've tried making the sauce the day in going to have the lasagna and it's just not as good.
Oh, and if you make it following this recipe and my tips but you used pre-shredded bag cheese or parmesan in a can and I find out about it, I'll spit on your grave. 😁 😁

Latest posts

Top Bottom