Since we're all hungry now from all the food posts...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
mine would be my granny's chicken and dumplings . but since she is long gone a big platter of my wife's Guatemalan enchiladas with beans , sour cream , guacamole , chips and salsa. and turtle cheese cake

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That looks horrible. :tounge: Everyone knows you have corn with CFS and mashed potatoes...not green beans.

Reminds me of Fred's Steakhouse in Altus. I noticed the cost recently soared to $5.99 for the huge CFS, 1 side, gravy and a roll. Their grilled veggies and fried pickles are outstanding. Great place to eat.

CFS would do for my last meal.

No green beans, huh? These ol' boys don't like green beans neither! :rollingla

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That looks horrible. :tounge: Everyone knows you have corn with CFS and mashed potatoes...not green beans.

Reminds me of Fred's Steakhouse in Altus. I noticed the cost recently soared to $5.99 for the huge CFS, 1 side, gravy and a roll. Their grilled veggies and fried pickles are outstanding. Great place to eat.

CFS would do for my last meal.
People sleep on Fred's, but we make the drive from Lawton over there all the time. Even just for lunch during the work week. It's one of the only places in SWOK to get a good CFS

undeg01

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Never thought about it for myself but when my dad became very ill suddenly, they put him in an induced coma while figuring out what was wrong. Once they found that he had severe intestinal issues that would be unrecoverable, they advised that when he woke up and was off the medication, he would pass in the next 12 hours or so. When he woke up, I was the one to deliver the news to him. I asked him who he wanted to see and talk to, then I asked if there is anything else he wanted. He said, “I want Dr Pepper and chocolate ice cream.” And by gosh he got it.

At that point, if he had said he wanted a mess of fried squirrel, I would have been outside of the hospital knocking squirrels in the head with rocks to get him what he asked for.

skyhawk1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Never thought about it for myself but when my dad became very ill suddenly, they put him in an induced coma while figuring out what was wrong. Once they found that he had severe intestinal issues that would be unrecoverable, they advised that when he woke up and was off the medication, he would pass in the next 12 hours or so. When he woke up, I was the one to deliver the news to him. I asked him who he wanted to see and talk to, then I asked if there is anything else he wanted. He said, “I want Dr Pepper and chocolate ice cream.” And by gosh he got it.

At that point, if he had said he wanted a mess of fried squirrel, I would have been outside of the hospital knocking squirrels in the head with rocks to get him what he asked for.
I understand, when I took my Dad to the last chemo treatment ( wasn't done just quit) when we got to my suburban I could tell he wanted a cigarette really bad. Never smoked in my vehicles, he had quit smoking inside years ago. I told him to go ahead and light up and we would just leave the windows down. He did. He was gone a few days after that.
But back to the subject I would want Australian lobster, it is so much better than Maine lobster it is unbelievable

ramco

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can remember several years ago, whenever DOC had an execution, The Daily Oklahoman would run a story on the inmate about how he spent his last 24 hours. What he did, who he saw and what his final meal was.

So I ask my fellow brethren and brethrenets, what would your final meal be if you were about to meet your maker?

This is a toughie, because there are so many foods that I'm a lover of. But if it came right down to it, I would probably pick...

Ribeye steak, rare, with grilled onions, bell peppers and mushrooms.
Baked potato with real butter, sour cream, bacon bits and shredded cheddar cheese.
Steamed asparagus, broccoli and Brussel sprouts.
And a Ceasars salad.

What say you? What's your final meal?
A cake with a file in it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom