Flu Shot ...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okcBob

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Got mine yesterday as a requirement for work. To all those who never get flu shots & wont get the covid shot, good luck. Hope you have no comorbidities. I work in ICU & see unvaccinated people on vents every day. Wash your hands a lot....

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Urgh ... I'm hoping none of the rest of you feel as rough as I do. I'm starting to think timing is everything and I'm not sick from the shot so much as I just happened to be incubating some bug that decided it was time to wreck my plans for this week.

What I do know is I will NEVER miss a flu shot. I've only had the flu once and, quite honestly, I've NEVER been more sick in my life. It sucked SO bad. So SO bad.

This, while I feel poopy, is a walk in the park compared to that month to 6 weeks.

cktad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Had a poor fella couple boots in front of me go down right as they pulled the trigger, opened his arm like a hot knife through butter. Made quite a mess before they plugged it up.

Back in boot in the late 1960's they marched us through the clinic to get our shots. A guy two places up from me got his shot and the medic just kinda hit his arm a glancing blow and hit a vein which sent blood shooting up to the ceiling tiles. The guy in front of me passed out cold and hit the floor like a ton of bricks.

cktad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've got a "regular dose" annual flu shot for as long as I can remember but three or four years ago I got the stronger "old fart dose" and it made me have bad flu like symptoms for three days afterwards.......I went back to the "regular dose" and have had no more problems.

My doc told me several years ago to not get the shot too early because it won't still be potent enough to help ward off the flu through the first part of the following year and to get it right around Halloween which is what I've always done.

The wife has never taken a flu shot but during a regular checkup a couple of weeks ago her doc of many years strongly suggested, for the first time ever, that she get one this year and she's going to.

I had the opposite happen as the regular flu shot always made feel kinda sick for a few days. The old fart dose actually made me feel better.

And your right, they say to get it in Oct/Nov to cover you through the flu season.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ok I have a question for all you guys and gals that have had the Flu shot for many years.

Do you take any medications for anything?
Heart issues or blood pressure. Arthritis or Mental disorders got you taking weed or some other thing?

Just curious not being mean or anything.
I may not be old enough yet only 52 but I have never taken any meds other than a pain med when I broke off all my toes on my right foot.
2 Beers worked better for pain so I quit the meds.

Just wondering if all that stuff you let them pump into your body causes issues way down the road.
You would need thousands of people to confirm but lets see what we get here.

Latest posts

Top Bottom