Folks On Food Stamps Have Good & Expensive Tastes When it Comes to Food.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gillman7

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Maybe...

Yes. Maybe they should. After all it is our money that the welfare crowd is using to eat, keep a roof over their heads and buy booze and drugs with.

Wait. What? OH Yeah. They're already kissing the rear ends of the politicians who steal from us to give to them.

Nevermind. Not interested in having my feet kissed by someone with their lips permanently attached to the hindquarters of a <gag> politician.

How about that rampant generalizations? No one is excusing the abusers, basing judgements on a one time purchase is just as stupid as the media using sound bites to write a story, or any other type of stereotyping. It is amazing how we can scream when some idiot does a crime with a gun and the liberals jump on the bandwagon overeacting, and our little conservative group is just as bad.

Maybe you should learn that ellipses do not replace periods in everyday speech...unless you're Christopher Walken...or William...Shatner...

That........is...........a......sign......of........dramatic........pause.........(Priceline.com)

Hey, now, don't be hatin' on Walken......... The man has hair that makes Jimmy Johnson jealous!

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was initially on the side of those who said what business of yours is it until I followed the link and saw the receipt, the individual units of lobster and soda that were sold on the receipt were a pretty obvious clue that something was fishy. My initial thought was that they had a regular grocery list of multiple items and had a lobster and a porter house steak on it and the total bill was $140. When you see that the $140 total was all lobster steak and soda that's different.

Last I knew I don't see how someone that's on food stamps could have much leftover for luxury meals. The time in life when I needed a hand and caved and got food stamps for a week there was just enough that spending wisely I was able to feed my family for that week until I finally got my first check from a new job. After being unemployed for 2 months, unemployment was just enough to keep the utilities on got behind in the rent and my ex was pregnant with my son the landlord needed a roof put on so I squared up that way by roofing the rent house in the middle of August.

I still give generously to community food banks when they have donation drives. I forget that the need is year round though and this topic has reminded me of that need.

The guy in question is scum for defrauding the food stamp program, whoever thought to raise a fuss about it deserves an attaboy.

ZombieHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
HOw is it people think THEIR money is what goes into food stamps, it is a government provided program, do you see $50.00 of your taxes on a receipt that go into the SNAP program? No you dont, and another point, you know that almost every teacher in the USA is eligible for food stamps right? not to mention anybody making under $20k a year, which is id say around 70-80% of america, People need to get off their high horse and realize the very system that grants food stamps, is what created the need for them in the first place by way of inflation.

steelhorse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
While I agree that welfare was designed with good intentions to help with TEMPORARY needs, there are far far too many people seeing it as a "career opportunity". I've heard too many stories of the system being abused, for example: Person "A" fills their WORK truck up with fuel. Let's say $100 worth. They then slip person "B" $60 in cash and they go pay for the $100 fuel bill with their "Card". I've heard of couples getting a divorce (on paper) and then turning around and secretively moving back in together after one of the spouses starts receiving government benefits. I just don't believe there are enough people to investigate the abuse the system is taking. I think that we could cut government spending in some other areas and hire more "investigators".

WTJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
HOw is it people think THEIR money is what goes into food stamps, it is a government provided program, do you see $50.00 of your taxes on a receipt that go into the SNAP program? No you dont, and another point, you know that almost every teacher in the USA is eligible for food stamps right? not to mention anybody making under $20k a year, which is id say around 70-80% of america, People need to get off their high horse and realize the very system that grants food stamps, is what created the need for them in the first place by way of inflation.

Wait, what? Where do you think the 'money' that is collected comes from that the .gov redistributes? The .gov does not create wealth, but simply reallocates the fiat currency you pay as a earner and consumer. Inflation is created through the use of fiat currency. As the end consumer, we pay all of the taxes on a given item or service. It is factored into the cost.

And that is how people think their 'money' is used. I reserve the right to get on my high horse as my particular participation in this exercise costs me around 50 to 60 percent of my income. And I ate beans and cornbread regularly as a youngster and did not feel deprived.

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What's wrong with beans and cornbread? We ate those along with fried taters 2-3 nights a week when I was growing up. Damn! Now I want some bean and cornbread with some cast iron skillet fried taters.

Latest posts

Top Bottom