For those of us who rode the short the bus, please explain.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grendel

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thats where this is headed. 4 states have constitutional carry rights and they can legally carry in OK now. That will be the fight we bring next.

Doesn't make sense to me still. Why should we spend time and energy giving this privilege to a non-Oklahoma resident when we could spend that time and energy to give this right to Oklahoma Residents?

And did open carry pass yet?

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Doesn't make sense to me still. Why should we spend time and energy giving this privilege to a non-Oklahoma resident when we could spend that time and energy to give this right to Oklahoma Residents?

Exactly! Why give an exception to Arizona, Vermont, Alaska residents while still requiring Oklahomans to abide by our bureaucratic mess? Just get rid of the damn permit if you are going to pass some milquetoast legislation like this.

twotonevert

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, at least I was reading it right. One more step to being able to get rid of permits for residents. If non-residents can carry without a permit...........

C

Clay

Exactly! Why give an exception to Arizona, Vermont, Alaska residents while still requiring Oklahomans to abide by our bureaucratic mess? Just get rid of the damn permit if you are going to pass some milquetoast legislation like this.
This means this house of reps and senate will open it up to us as well in all likelyhood. The problem is we dont currently have a vehicle to get it done other than HB2522 which could be written that way this year yet if the legislators playing this chess game wanted to...and I think they do. Its still a possibility this year. HB2522 has been gutted and remains on the side burner to do more with if they need. If not, we will address this next session. CC will be the way again in OK someday soon. We have a good head of steam now.

Robert871

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
so, people visiting from states that do not require a permit to cc, can cc in Oklahoma without cc permit; but residents of Oklahoma cannot cc without a cc permit? . . . . .. .. .. . . . . . ... . ..

so... my living in Oklahoma must mean i am at a higher risk for being a threat to society than someone from another state that can cc without permit. I mean correct me if I am wrong, but I had to attend a b/s class, demonstrate for lack of a better term "proficiency" with a handgun, pay money, submit a bunch of papers, have my finger and palm prints taken and give them a pass port photo of my ugly mug; in what I can really only describe as either a process intended to raise funds and discourage people from bothering taking part in this right, or an attempt to validate allowing it, and put my prints in an archive to be searched and compared to prints at a crime scene. which i am left to assume means that my desire to have a firearm on my person at any given moment, is seen by the rest of society as a character flaw or concern to what i might do with said firearm, as if i am some sort of a higher risk candidate for committing an armed crime.

but its okay, while we cant trust our own residents to cc un-permitted, we can trust outsiders from some other state where their gubberment says its okay for them to do it un-permitted...

kd5rjz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
so, people visiting from states that do not require a permit to cc, can cc in Oklahoma without cc permit; but residents of Oklahoma cannot cc without a cc permit? . . . . .. .. .. . . . . . ... . ..

so... my living in Oklahoma must mean i am at a higher risk for being a threat to society than someone from another state that can cc without permit. I mean correct me if I am wrong, but I had to attend a b/s class, demonstrate for lack of a better term "proficiency" with a handgun, pay money, submit a bunch of papers, have my finger and palm prints taken and give them a pass port photo of my ugly mug; in what I can really only describe as either a process intended to raise funds and discourage people from bothering taking part in this right, or an attempt to validate allowing it, and put my prints in an archive to be searched and compared to prints at a crime scene. which i am left to assume means that my desire to have a firearm on my person at any given moment, is seen by the rest of society as a character flaw or concern to what i might do with said firearm, as if i am some sort of a higher risk candidate for committing an armed crime.

but its okay, while we cant trust our own residents to cc un-permitted, we can trust outsiders from some other state where their gubberment says its okay for them to do it un-permitted...

If only we lived in a state with liberal democratic government, like Vermont - that way we wouldn't have to pay for the right to carry.

Latest posts

Top Bottom