For those OSArs on blood thinners..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
I had a blood clot in my leg head on up to my lungs earlier this year, scary deal. (before the vax retards respond it was found to be genetic and it does run in my family) So..... I'm on Eliquis. I pushed my doc about Ibuprofen and he said just be careful and occasional use only. Otherwise, Tylenol, which doesn't really work well for me.
Same as me, both legs a year apart. Second time I did have a PE but I take the same thinner in 5mg I think. Dr never told me not to take aspirin either??

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
FYI, for those on Eliquis, you can go to their website and sign up for a coupon card that is good for 2 years and it works at any pharmacy and will cost you a whopping $10 with each refill. I was paying $45 after insurance and then last year my insurance sent me a notice that they would no longer cover that drug.
I didnt sign up online, I called and did it.

elwoodtrix

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I take vitamin D, turmeric, and fish oil.
I use extra virgin olive oil on salads and cook with it.
I LOVE salmon.
For fruit, strawberries and oranges.

I am not on blood thinners, but will be getting both knees replaced. Ibuprofen doesn't work when you're bone on bone.

How long will you be on blood thinners?

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Also on Eliquis along with a blood pressure medication (Metoprolol Tartrate {Lopressor}) due to a recently discovered Atrial Fibrillation problem. Like the 'Dow Chemical' ad in the '60's. Better living through chemistry 🤣🤣

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Been on blood thinners for over 20 years. Taking Pradaxa now. Tylenol is generally what is advised to take while on thinners. Not sure if its still a thing (ask your doctor), but depending on the thinner you're own, also have to watch greens, cranberrys, there's a list of stuff which further thins the blood which should be moderated on the small side. And watch for excessive bruising, and actually look at your stool daily.
Lots of dietary items and supplements thin blood...fish oil, tumeric, cinnamon, etc. Maybe some more than others but a lot of "healthy" stuff thins the blood and therefore reduces the risk of clotting.
I had a blood clot in my leg head on up to my lungs earlier this year, scary deal. (before the vax retards respond it was found to be genetic and it does run in my family) So..... I'm on Eliquis. I pushed my doc about Ibuprofen and he said just be careful and occasional use only. Otherwise, Tylenol, which doesn't really work well for me.
Glad you are okay JD; you probably have one of the MTHFR mutations...everyone has some variation of it and some types are more prone to clots than others. Some of these people need to manage homocysteine levels using things like TMG, the proper form of folate, etc. Do your own research...I have it, but there are a few variations (677 if I recall) that are the most problematic. It is related to the body's detox pathways and basically you have to eat real healthy and live a clean life and take supplements the older u get if you want to reduce the genetic risks. I'm not a doctor, but look into it if you want.
Just watch the liver...especially if you drink alcohol...I think acetaminophen is one of the main causes of liver disease in the USA, but that is probably chronic usage.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom