For those OSArs on blood thinners..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NationalMatch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm officially old. I had a stent put in and now am on blood thinners. The doc said it's for a year and no ibuprofin during that time.

What do you use instead? No anti-inflammatories? Just tylenol?

Aku

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Been on blood thinners for over 20 years. Taking Pradaxa now. Tylenol is generally what is advised to take while on thinners. Not sure if its still a thing (ask your doctor), but depending on the thinner you're own, also have to watch greens, cranberrys, there's a list of stuff which further thins the blood which should be moderated on the small side. And watch for excessive bruising, and actually look at your stool daily.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had a blood clot in my leg head on up to my lungs earlier this year, scary deal. (before the vax retards respond it was found to be genetic and it does run in my family) So..... I'm on Eliquis. I pushed my doc about Ibuprofen and he said just be careful and occasional use only. Otherwise, Tylenol, which doesn't really work well for me.

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had a blood clot in my leg head on up to my lungs earlier this year, scary deal. (before the vax retards respond it was found to be genetic and it does run in my family) So..... I'm on Eliquis. I pushed my doc about Ibuprofen and he said just be careful and occasional use only. Otherwise, Tylenol, which doesn't really work well for me.
So you're a vax clot denier??

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Quad bypass in 2010 and two stents since then. I'm already on pain management and take 3 to 4 Percocet daily just to function. If I didn't, I would be laid up in bed vegetating. On these meds and my heart meds including the thinners and a baby aspirin daily, I carry a blood clotting kit. If I'm stupid during a project, I can bleed out without direct pressure and the clotting spray.

Latest posts

Top Bottom