For those that boycott the NRA.....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just went directly to http://nra.org, and the site is definitely slow. That's not Google causing problems; that's (a variant on) the Slashdot effect.

I'd expect the NRA to post a story about record membership numbers in about a month.
The OKC Gun Club Primer I received tonight advertised NRA Lifetime Memberships at $600 by using the link on the Gun Club's website. The details are:

"The NRA is once again offering the Life Membership at a discount of $600 (regular rate is $1500).
To take advantage of this outstanding offer, click on the NRA Seal at the bottom of the "About Us" page on our website. https://www.okcgunclub.org/about-us.html
By using that link (clicking on the NRA Seal), the Oklahoma City Gun Club will get credit for the transaction. NRA programs fund many of our activities, so this is a great way to support the Club & the NRA."

Now would be a good time for a lifetime membership to the NRA.

Mos Eisley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wonder if it will ever get to the point where a company can say a condition of employment is no gun ownership? On one hand they can say you don't HAVE to work there. On the other, is it legal to deny an employee a constitutional right on his private time?

Mos Eisley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The OKC Gun Club Primer I received tonight advertised NRA Lifetime Memberships at $600 by using the link on the Gun Club's website. The details are:

"The NRA is once again offering the Life Membership at a discount of $600 (regular rate is $1500).
To take advantage of this outstanding offer, click on the NRA Seal at the bottom of the "About Us" page on our website. https://www.okcgunclub.org/about-us.html
By using that link (clicking on the NRA Seal), the Oklahoma City Gun Club will get credit for the transaction. NRA programs fund many of our activities, so this is a great way to support the Club & the NRA."

Now would be a good time for a lifetime membership to the NRA.
But will I get the "brushed leather NRA jacket" they are offering on their website? No big deal, really. I'm not gonna join because of a gift. Also, I've heard they often don't honor their promise of "gifts" anyway.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I wonder if it will ever get to the point where a company can say a condition of employment is no gun ownership? On one hand they can say you don't HAVE to work there. On the other, is it legal to deny an employee a constitutional right on his private time?
I don't know if its correct or legal, but companies have fired employees because of social media comments. Nothing adjudicated in court.
In Oklahoma and other states, it's a fire at will with a few caveats. Not sure if this is all of them but organizing a union, discrimination, and maybe others will get you a pass.
Otherwise you can be canned without any reason.

Latest posts

Top Bottom