Ford 2.3 turbo question, mechanics step in

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I havent done anything with the car yet as i havent had time. But that being said yes it is a non interference motor and i seriously doubt a valve is bent. I seriously think its in the timing. My friend told me he put new plugs and wires on it recently before it jumped time.

To make matters worse my Brake on/off switch on my daily driver bit the dust between fri and mon night. So now it wont shift out of park n the brake lights dont work. So not i gotta fix that too, thank god for backup cars.

If you friend put new plugs and wires in recently I would check them out really well. I have a "friend" that installed new plugs in his truck once and had an odd miss, discovered he had cracked an insulator on a plug....

pb2624

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It doesn't as the 2.3 is a non-interference motor that will not much the valves when you break a timing belt like most of foreign 4-bangers. You are probably a tooth off on the timing belt as it is very easy to do on these motors when changing the belt. Changed mine twice on my 84 SVO and about 4 other T-bird, Merkur, and SVOs that I knew when I owned it. This sounds like the same symptoms that I had on my first belt change if I remember correctly.

Latest posts

Top Bottom