Garage Door Help Please

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ArGyLe64

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
[h=6]So...we need a garage door guy. Our door will lift about 3 inches then stop. The two metal cables on either side of the door have a lot of slack in them. Any ideas or anyone have a guy with reasonable rates?[/h]

USN-SCW-Ret

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Those springs can be dangerous if you don't have the right tools.
This guy gave us fast reasonably service (less than 24 hrs turn around).

Jim's Garage Door Repair
(405) 737-9874
10300 E Reno Ave
Midwest City, OK 73130

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Do you or Leah know Jamie Hogin or Virgil Owens? Virgil works for a door company. Gave me a good deal on it, and replaced my mom's springs. He replaced her springs at like half the cost of everyone else we talked to.

six shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A buddy of mine has a garage door company and i have helped him several times i would not change the spring if i were you he has been doing it for 15 years and tell you some horror stories on them springs like broken jaw concusions and stitches .I will talk to him but i think your a little to far for him but he can give you some prices so you don't get burn't i think it is like 150 to change one but don't hold me to that.

tyromeo55

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
buy the spring and youtube it!!!

Before anyone plans on DIY'ing a garage door spring let me share a picture. This is a guy that works with me. He is a very skilled individual and experianced in garage doors. not your average homeowner. This summer he was unloading a door spring for our company when it got away from him. He is very lucky it didnt turn out worse then it did. look at his index finger closely where it looks bent it is snapped into three pieces. After three surgeries he might still not ever be able to close his hand fully .

i75.photobucket.com_albums_i295_tyromeo55_6a896a16.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom