Gary England’s sidekick

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Works both ways. Josh Huepel was better than Chris Weinke and should have won it. He proved it head to head. And it was a sham that Adrian Peterson didn't win it because they didn't want to give it to a freshman at the time.
Agreed. The Heisman thought process (BS) to not give it to a freshman is doubly difficult to give it to an OU freshman.
As much as we pretend that a bias against OU is not real. It is, was and will be.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Agreed. The Heisman thought process (BS) to not give it to a freshman is doubly difficult to give it to an OU freshman.
As much as we pretend that a bias against OU is not real. It is, was and will be.

Since the year 2000 we have 3 and if Kyler wins that will be 4. To say there is bias against OU is kinda wearing crimson colored glasses and we are tied with USC in the time period for the most.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
To clarify: I said there IS a bias against OU. If my crimson colored glasses are an issue, sorry. What I said is the Heisman winners from Oklahoma had to perform head and shoulders above their counterparts. Don't confuse crimson colored glasses with corrective lenses.
Since the year 2000 we have 3 and if Kyler wins that will be 4. To say there is bias against OU is kinda wearing crimson colored glasses and we are tied with USC in the time period for the most.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
To clarify: I said there IS a bias against OU. If my crimson colored glasses are an issue, sorry. What I said is the Heisman winners from Oklahoma had to perform head and shoulders above their counterparts. Don't confuse crimson colored glasses with corrective lenses.

Well we can wear our Crimson glasses together and agree to disagree on this one. Now if Kyler does not win I may change my mind , because on a pure numbers basis and importance to his team ,this race is not even close.

Latest posts

Top Bottom