Gas War

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We are lucky. In Hoonah, Alaska not so much. View attachment 418118
That's because of logistics. They provide the crude, have to ship to the US via pipeline, and then have to bring it back. Just like every other commodity other than seafood. Great veggi's for a time though. 23 hours of sunlight can work wonders for plants.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Crook trip sets the prices in Tulsa a one half to one hour drive out of Tulsa in any direction and you see much cheaper prices including at QT stations. Muskogee, Henryetta, Wagner their all cheaper.
Not to mention the refineries are local and transportation closts are lower. Qt is making hundreds of millions a month. I talk to a couple accounting and finance folks who are current or recent exqt employees regularly. They have a large department dedicated to making the most profit per gallon as possible.
The most recent gas spike was qt taking advantage of a potential shortage due to refinery capacity temporarily dropping. Well it didn’t happen and qt made a killing. They were selling gas for 3.79 while future prices were around 2.30. Add in transportation and taxes, they were still making over a dollar a gallon.

Last edited:

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Tulsa needs outside competition to come in. Bad
Just drop in one of those 100 pump Buc-cees at the BA and Memorial
QT will love seeing $2.99 a gallon gas.
A couple weeks ago when gas spiked, qt was 3.79 and across the street at Costco gas was 3.19. People would quit shopping at qt if they ever figured out they’re getting screwed.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That's because of logistics. They provide the crude, have to ship to the US via pipeline, and then have to bring it back. Just like every other commodity other than seafood. Great veggi's for a time though. 23 hours of sunlight can work wonders for plants.
And there is only one gas station in town!

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
Tulsa needs outside competition to come in. Bad
Just drop in one of those 100 pump Buc-cees at the BA and Memorial
QT will love seeing $2.99 a gallon gas.
Just VOTE in overwhelming numbers, to great for Democrats to cover up, and re-elect President Trump, and we will all see A STABLE OIL MARKET, AND UNDER $2.00 gal gasoline AGAIN, like we did all the time President Trump was in office, REMEMBER? I get a weekly market update from Edward Jones. One of the graphs showed the 10 year treasury rates, and inflation rates, the treasury rates were below the inflation rates, for years up until Jan. of 2021, the exact date Crooked Joe assumed office, and canceled all of President Trump Oil related executive orders, and policies, that allowed us to be ENERGY SELF-SUFFICIENT, for the first, and only time in 50/60 years under both parties leadership! In January of 2021, the INFLATION LINE on this graph went straight up, and stayed far above the treasury rate line until now!! Fuel cost effects EVERYTHING that must be grown, fertilized, sprayed with insecticide, herbicides, harvested, dried, distilled, manufactured, transported, stored, heated, cooled, assembled, not to mentioned the literally thousands of consumer products that use petroleum products, and by-products, in the manufacture process, from candy, to fabrics plastics, medicines, and many, many, more!! If YOU want to change this, QUIT WHINING, AND VOTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reedman

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think I paid $3.33 at Tulsa Costco this morning. QT was $3.36, so their profit margin was thinner today. But QT does set the gas price in Tulsa. Maybe I'll go by Sam's with the car that didn't get filled and see what they have.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think I paid $3.33 at Tulsa Costco this morning. QT was $3.36, so their profit margin was thinner today. But QT does set the gas price in Tulsa. Maybe I'll go by Sam's with the car that didn't get filled and see what they have.
Sam’s on Olympia was as $3.14/gal for 87 on Thursday.

Latest posts

Top Bottom