Gawd, I love OSA

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I love this place. I have met alot of really good people on here, and have found great advise on all kinds of things. I was not born with the chronic butthurt disease, so I fit right in with the a-holes and the jackasses. I enjoy the people that can dish it out and take it. I have met alot of people on here that are just good people, and will go out of their way to help others.

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Really? I've been on here quite some time now and I guess I'm still in the newbie class. No one is really too friendly it seems.
Just sayin.

I think when we debate on issues within threads that you maybe take it a bit too serious. I have never really been a forum person but OSA I like it. I have only been into guns since December and thanks to OSA this has developed into a life long hobby, budding passion, and its also practical. I have no one but OSA to thank for my wonderful experience and introduction into the gun "world" so far.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think badge bunny has a webbot entering posts for her....5,000 posts per year....is that a record? LOL! I guess it really is true then....that women talk more then men .............

Something I readily admit to ... Given my introduction to OSA (JEEZ Patti did you see what "THEY" are saying about you on OSA??!?!?) it was important I make an impression ... LOL

It doesn't happen often but I've been known to hear from a moderator ... or two ... (Loveyouguyslongtime!! LOL)

I already admitted that I'm a jackass.

You sure hide it well in person ... I kinda like you ... you're cute ...

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong, I have met FTF with a couple guys to buy stuff and those were great meetings and really nice guys. I have acquired a few really nice pieces of hardware and some stuff for the shop as well. I like reading the political 2A stuff and other news related shootings/bad guys getting waxed, etc. and I do post some debate stuff (I like to argue sometimes).
I guess the "gun" factor is the common one that keeps me coming back every day actually. I began using my first single shot .410 shotgun when I was old enough to keep up with dad and the dogs for a full day chasing quail all over Pott. Co. I have enjoyed shooting sports for about the past 30 years (I'm 42) so that's the main reason I come back several times a day. I don't feel like I'm all that accepted here but I guess I haven't had the right stuff to "offer" yet.
I think what put a bad taste in my mouth was a get together that went down here in OKC (can't remember where) and I posted interest in showing up and got not one single reply and I decided it must be a "click" group or something and I wasn't welcome. I didn't get but hurt or nothing but it seemed odd and a little disappointing at the same time.
I belong to a ford diesel site (my other love is fast/high HP diesels) and I am head of the local Oklahoma Chapter for that site (its a national diesel site) and I have personally hosted 20-30 cookout get together at my house and strangers I have only talked to on the net were invited. Met many great new friends that way. Contrast that with the get together I referenced above and that whole deal just seemed a little unfriendly.
Heck, I've even been banned for chit chat in the classifies (I didn't read that rule apparently) and I didn't get too butt hurt over that, I was guilty and I still come back. So yeah, I like OSA too. Just haven't fit into any "niches" yet I suppose.

Michael Brown

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OSA is a pretty good place to hang out once you learn its idiosyncracies, the do's and don'ts of what's ok to post and what isn't.

None of the above is too onerous to deal with and the wealth of information and entertainment available outweighs the few negatives by a long mile.

This.

Michael Brown

kroberts2131

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong, I have met FTF with a couple guys to buy stuff and those were great meetings and really nice guys. I have acquired a few really nice pieces of hardware and some stuff for the shop as well. I like reading the political 2A stuff and other news related shootings/bad guys getting waxed, etc. and I do post some debate stuff (I like to argue sometimes).
I guess the "gun" factor is the common one that keeps me coming back every day actually. I began using my first single shot .410 shotgun when I was old enough to keep up with dad and the dogs for a full day chasing quail all over Pott. Co. I have enjoyed shooting sports for about the past 30 years (I'm 42) so that's the main reason I come back several times a day. I don't feel like I'm all that accepted here but I guess I haven't had the right stuff to "offer" yet.
I think what put a bad taste in my mouth was a get together that went down here in OKC (can't remember where) and I posted interest in showing up and got not one single reply and I decided it must be a "click" group or something and I wasn't welcome. I didn't get but hurt or nothing but it seemed odd and a little disappointing at the same time.
I belong to a ford diesel site (my other love is fast/high HP diesels) and I am head of the local Oklahoma Chapter for that site (its a national diesel site) and I have personally hosted 20-30 cookout get together at my house and strangers I have only talked to on the net were invited. Met many great new friends that way. Contrast that with the get together I referenced above and that whole deal just seemed a little unfriendly.
Heck, I've even been banned for chit chat in the classifies (I didn't read that rule apparently) and I didn't get too butt hurt over that, I was guilty and I still come back. So yeah, I like OSA too. Just haven't fit into any "niches" yet I suppose.

I think its a pretty good site to use. I don't hardly ever use the classifieds and only know 2 people here that I work with. Met a few guys though and had a good experience each time. I have noticed the clicks your talking about but I don't really post enough to care. There are a few members that post on here that when I see their posts I just shake my head and skip to the next. Your gonna have that anywhere though, overall I like it alot though. I'm on here ALOT but mostly reading outside of the GD forums.

Latest posts

Top Bottom