Gay marriage

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well. if some of the pro-gay marriage folks are right, there will be a bunch added to the list soon. (since opposing gay marriage must mask homosexual tendencies.
I'm pretty sure those anti-Muslim folks have a Koran in their back pocket, also.

I'll leave that red herring to those that addressed it. Point remains that a good number seem to have convictions of convenience around here. Wonder how many don't mind taking those tax breaks they get from having a government recognized marriage? or maybe enjoy some health insurance from a working spouse?

Coded-Dude

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
and the punishment for adultery is getting stoned......(so is having children out of wedlock, not being a virgin before marriage, getting divorced, and many other things). but we should only punish gay sinners because god said so.....didn't he? if you are going to stand behind the bible you have to do it completely, but most only do it to suit their own needs and personal beliefs. maybe we should make divorce illegal so we can hold true to the bible, i wonder how the supreme court would rule in that argument. if you have every right to tell someone they can't legally marry, i should have every right to tell someone they can't legally divorce....because god said so.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'll leave that red herring to those that addressed it. Point remains that a good number seem to have convictions of convenience around here. Wonder how many don't mind taking those tax breaks they get from having a government recognized marriage? or maybe enjoy some health insurance from a working spouse?

I would argue that taking "tax breaks" is no more than getting back money the government stole from you in the first place. Don't know about the health insurance deal, as our company treats same-sex unions just like M/F unions.

I'm really tired of hearing about the whole mess, honestly. Let the silly fools get married, let those who wish to cater to them do so, and for those that don't wish to, I hope they find a way around it.

MadDogs

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Well by all means, verbalize why you are anti-homosexual. This is one of those put up or shut up situations.

Why do you want to call someone anti-homosexual if they are against same sex marriages? Do you know that Elton John was at first opposed to calling same sex unions "marriages"? You think there are LGBT folks that don't want to do what "breeders" do?

Not anti-homosexual in the least and could care less what you and RidgeHunter do in the privacy of your trailer down by the river.

coolhandluke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If they have no other basis, then that reasoning is invalid. We are not a theocracy. Religion has jack squat to do with policies of govt. and you wouldn't want it to anyways.

The point had nothing to do with constitutionality or government policies influenced by religious beliefs. Rather that someone who is a "faithful believer" might have a small amount of insight into a Christian's crisis of faith on the issue. Instead he seems to have an axe to grind...

Do I feel that same sex marriage is constitutional? Probably so.

As a Christian does that mean that I need to approve of and celebrate it? No and no.

Does that make me a bigot? I guess so...

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Why do you want to call someone anti-homosexual if they are against same sex marriages? Do you know that Elton John was at first opposed to calling same sex unions "marriages"? You think there are LGBT folks that don't want to do what "breeders" do?

Not anti-homosexual in the least and could care less what you and RidgeHunter do in the privacy of your trailer down by the river.

Elton John also said that Jesus would support Gay Marriage. WWJD? Of course..... after he got married.

Junior Bonner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As big government redefines everything, don't think that they will stop with erasing history, changing faces on dollar bills and equating a man's rectum with a vagina.

The most contentious, divisive issue will rear its head once again - do not think SCOTUS will read the 2A for what it says. They will at some point in the near future say, "Yes, it may say that, but what it means is..."

I'm encapsulating it rather succinctly and with a closed mind by saying that if Obama is for it, then I am by and large against it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom