Gay marriage

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If the courts were really being honest about what a compelling government interest is, they would have to admit that the creation of new tax cattle is pretty damn vital to the continued viability of the coercive state.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Do you really think that ONLY people of religious beliefs can be against same sex marriages? That only religion drives their rationale? More on the secular case against same sex marriage in a second.

Sorry … My shot at being facetious went high. Some may like that their food tastes like “richard” or that it hurts to sit down.

I do not mean to disparage you but you are not speaking “logically”. They don’t have to have a prejudice much less a religious-based reason to be against same sex marriages.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1082190/posts

You're not disparaging me by any means..... you're just not aware of said logic. I was aware of a biological based argument but it stands no logical ground, unless one can provide that it is somehow inhibiting significant genes that allow for survival on a widescale. It's too easy to poke holes in several aspects of this argument and from many sides, as it includes a significant amount of hypocrisy should one really embrace it. Much less is this a real prejudice exhibited in a sizeable demographic in the US IMO. However, giving you the benefit of the doubt after what seems to be a scramble after a google search...... where is proof that a significant amount of Atheists have put their arms around this theory? Provided the author isn't swayed by his own religious beliefs?

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dude ... Don't take this too wrong but I have zero respect for you and your opinions to think that you should be the one that defines what is logical or illogical. AGAIN ... the point is that the author had a reason that was not based on religious beliefs.

Actually, you can't prove his inherent bias one way or can you? His points aren't logical, well stated relative to most naysayers, but not logical. Rather, can you provide that his religion didn't play a part in ignoring several key aspects of the argument that are fallacious?

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Next time you are in one, why don't you ask? Just remember it's not polite to talk with your mouth full.

If I'd ever been in one, I'd assume I'd already know. In light of the considerable time you spend on the subject, I just assumed you already had the answer! :)

MadDogs

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Actually, you can't prove his inherent bias one way or can you? His points aren't logical, well stated relative to most naysayers, but not logical.

I am not trying to prove any bias (or “prejudice” as you mentioned earlier) at all.

The question …can people have a secular based objection to same sex marriage?

The answer is yes. They don't have to be of any religious belief to object.

Does not matter if their secular reasoning is any more or less “logical” than one who goes to church three times a week. Ut does not matter in the least if it disagrees with what one would define as a "illogical".

The point is that there are people that oppose same sex marriage not based on religious beliefs.

To say that ONLY those that object have a religious basis is wrong.

MadDogs

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
If the courts were really being honest about what a compelling government interest is, they would have to admit that the creation of new tax cattle is pretty damn vital to the continued viability of the coercive state.

The courts and the government should stay out of the marriage business, stay out of bedrooms and stay out of gun safes.

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You're going a long ways to justify bigotry. It's ok to think that homosexuals are icky, it's not ok to exclude them from the benefits married couple enjoy because gay sex is gross.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom