Get the word out! Vote Mary Fallin

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nraman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would also like to remind you that Susan Savage is the one that instituted the destruction of confiscated weapons. Instead of making millions for the city, she paid a lot of money to have them destroyed.

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know a lot of you are going to flame me. The fact is I am pretty damn conservative, I just do not buy the BS of pundits who pander to our worst nature in the name of patriotism. Many of you misinterpret my stance on illegal immigration as liberal, when I am just a pragmatic realist (but that's another thread).

As much as we love our guns and our RKBA, allowing that to be the only issue that determines who you support politically is as foolish as some "green" activist who lets the spotted numbskull toad determine his vote. There is more to life. Before you hit me with the hard core militia patriot propaganda of "it keeps the government honest" or "gives us a means to fight Federal tyranny," get a grip on reality. Nothing keeps the government honest, and although we may hate some of the things our government does, we are hardly suffering under any type of "tyranny." The fact is we live in the greatest country in the world and all our bitching and whining, we have it better than most. Besides, Askins is "pro-gun."

Fallin is all style and no substance in my opinion. She is just another typical Washington politician. Askins is a conservative (in the tradition of our grandparents), and she puts Oklahoma first. She is extremely intelligent and she is compassionate. Additionally, she doesn't just pander to the voters. It's easy to say what people want to hear and play upon emotions. It's a little more difficult to challenge people to think.

Fallin will not debate Askins on the issues, because Askins knows the issues. She will cut through the canned BS Fallin's handlers prepare.

Oklahoma is in bad shape. We are near the top in drug abuse (meth and prescription), child abuse, teen pregnancy, high school dropouts, poor health, and poverty. We are near the bottom of the good lists. The agenda some of the "religious" politicians put out is pure BS (and I say that as a Christian who absolutely believes in the saving power of Jesus Christ). They waste our time and money passing legislation that the Oklahoma Supreme Court repeatedly strikes down. If their agenda worked, it would work here in Oklahoma where there is a church on every corner and we would not have these terrible problems.

For years, I have been completely bewildered by many of my fellow Oklahomans who continue to elect people to office who do not care about them. I saw this happen with the Workers Compensation system. In the name of "reform," the legislature has now limited the rights of injured workers so much that it is next to impossible to get true justice for them. Your first reaction is probably, "Damn right, they are all fakers, and JB all you damn lawyers care about is money." However, you certainly will change your tune when it is you or your family member who is hurt. Even some of our esteemed pro tort reform legislators have sued people for torts.

Some of you need to seriously consider who is going to lookout for your best interests as an Oklahoman. Is it going to be a candidate who puts profits before people and will rubberstamp anything our Legislature sends her, no matter how badly it impacts working families? Is it the candidate who bailed out the big bankers who took multimillion bonuses and "golden parachutes" while elderly people lost their retirements? There is a lot of talk about "taking our country back." I say "Amen!" Let's take it back from the fat cat legislators and their corporate masters.

I want a governor who cares about all Oklahomans, not just the folks at the country clubs. Askins is precisely what Oklahoma needs...a true Conservative who actually lives the values she espouses and cares about the working families who make up this state.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Oklahoma is in bad shape. We are near the top in drug abuse (meth and prescription), child abuse, teen pregnancy, high school dropouts, poor health, and poverty.

You are correct. But the only answer the democrats have is more taxation to fund programs to address these issues and that just leads to more dependence on these programs compounding the problems. Over the last 35 years or so that I have even remotely paid attention, there has been a tremendous funding increase in these types of programs. I'm not seeing positive results so I call BS on the democrat agenda that says that government is the only one who can make a difference. I think that there are those who really want to make things better, but when I look at the actual results of all these entitlements I only see it getting worse. Case in point. When I was in high school, I'm not aware of any girl I went to school with getting pregnant. Over the years to right now, what do we have? You know the answer. Another case is why do we hear from the teachers unions and administrators that they need more money constantly? I have heard that as long as I can remember. Literally. Care to compare how much is spent on schools now compared to 1975? Then to put it into context look at the test scores then and now. You get the idea.

I want a governor who cares about all Oklahomans, not just the folks at the country clubs. Askins is precisely what Oklahoma needs...a true Conservative who actually lives the values she espouses and cares about the working families who make up this state.

I do too and I think Askins really does care, but has refused to look at the democratic program agenda's actual results. Like so many others they just can't get past the intent of the programs. In other words results don't matter as long as the intent was good. Just give me more money so I can start this program and that program and it will get better. Hogwash...

Nraman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know a lot of you are going to flame me. The fact is I am pretty damn conservative, I just do not buy the BS of pundits who pander to our worst nature in the name of patriotism..... (snipped to save space).

I don't see it the same way you do. Knowing that politicians will lie, twist or omit about how they plan to govern, we have to read behind the lines.
Her support for the dream act and renewable energy tells a ton about her.
I have a friend who used to live in OK and moved to NY. A wounded Vietnam Vet, he wanted to send his kid to a college in OK. He couldn't afford the out of State tuition. Jari feels it is OK with in State tuition for illegals.
This renewable energy thing of hers means one thing. She is following the party line that has crippled the US economy. I ask you sir, how many countries, at any time in history, past or present that had a valuable resource like oil and were capable of using said resource, found one chickenshit reason after another to deny access to the resource? The Demonrat party of course did it to us.
I don't go by personalities, I go by ideology. No matter how you examine them the ideology is there waiting.
I offered you two great examples with Savage and Boren that definitely support my position. We need to learn from history.
Even a person with the mentality of a retarded oyster (not you JB, don't get defensive) can see that ideology matters.

SlammerG_89

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
just remember that a vote for fallin is a vote to take police and fire personnel off the street. Sure she "might" sign an open carry bill but have fun using it when you have to wait an extra 30 minutes for that ambulance or cop. Fallin is a crook who wants to dip into the police/fire pension funds that these guys have built up for their entire careers which is going to make people like my dad have to retire 5 plus years ahead of schedule to keep what money they have. Vote with your head not with your gun.

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't see it the same way you do. Knowing that politicians will lie, twist or omit about how they plan to govern, we have to read behind the lines.
Her support for the dream act and renewable energy tells a ton about her.
I have a friend who used to live in OK and moved to NY. A wounded Vietnam Vet, he wanted to send his kid to a college in OK. He couldn't afford the out of State tuition. Jari feels it is OK with in State tuition for illegals.
This renewable energy thing of hers means one thing. She is following the party line that has crippled the US economy. I ask you sir, how many countries, at any time in history, past or present that had a valuable resource like oil and were capable of using said resource, found one chickenshit reason after another to deny access to the resource? The Demonrat party of course did it to us.
I don't go by personalities, I go by ideology. No matter how you examine them the ideology is there waiting.
I offered you two great examples with Savage and Boren that definitely support my position. We need to learn from history.
Even a person with the mentality of a retarded oyster (not you JB, don't get defensive) can see that ideology matters.

I think this is pretty well said. I agree that she "cares" about Oklahoma, but That and a dollar might get you a cup of coffee. Pushing the liberal agenda is not what OK needs no matter how much she thinks it is good for us. I don't really like Mary Fallin, but I can't vote in another Brad Henry, well intentioned, liberal wiener.

striker754

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
just remember that a vote for fallin is a vote to take police and fire personnel off the street. Sure she "might" sign an open carry bill but have fun using it when you have to wait an extra 30 minutes for that ambulance or cop. Fallin is a crook who wants to dip into the police/fire pension funds that these guys have built up for their entire careers which is going to make people like my dad have to retire 5 plus years ahead of schedule to keep what money they have. Vote with your head not with your gun.

Pensions have it coming to them regardless if Fallin gets elected. They are not sustainable especially with double dipping, last year overtime/vacation stacking among others. They are using expected returns that are insanity in this market and as a result of the underfunding they are grasping for yield right now piling into the long end of the curve and are going to get slaughtered when rates go up. When you are already selling to meet obligations, you are toast if you take capital losses.

The money isn't there to continue funding public pensions.

crazy8

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Fallin is pro-gun in "campaign mode", but she hasn't gone up against/or stand up to the troopers association's whining YET.She's an establishment hack and will bend over if she's pressed on the open carry issue. Sadly I will never vote for the democRat Jeri Askins,(obama's half sister)So my ballot will remain blank for Governor.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For all the police officers and firefighters who are going to vote for Askins because she says she will protect your public pensions:

If this information (http://mercatus.org/video/managing-crisis-public-pensions) is correct, then your pension is going to be cut regardless - Askins is just pandering to you - don't fall for it.

The baby boom is starting to retire and state budgets are stretched to the max so there's not going to be any more retiring in your early 50s and double dipping. I'd be unhappy too if I had been promised a sweet pension but if the money isn't there, then the politicians are not going to end their careers by supporting a small group and angering the majority of the voters.

Latest posts

Top Bottom