Get your milk, bread, and alcohol now!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
But be sure and hit the dispensary tonight! Cant run out of cannabis for christ sake!

OSA will have plenty to say about that I'm sure.
It's amazing how ill prepared most people are. A few years ago we had a pretty good snow/ice storm in WA, and the trucks couldn't get to the grocery stores. It took three guys to separate two women fighting over the last two bags of oreos. My power was out for seven days, but I already had everything I needed.
I know this site is for WA, but there are a lot of good resources:
https://www.co.thurston.wa.us/em/PEO/PEP.htm

We lose our minds when it comes to any winter weather. On the flip side I remember when I lived in Norman a buddy that moved back here with his fiancé from Seattle. She swore she knew what rain/thunderstorm/wind was..... then spring came and she damn near lost it the first time a good squall line moved through.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I hope my dang electricity doesn’t go out. I haven’t gotten my generator yet. I love snow and welcome it but I do not want ice. That crap is a nightmare. But so far from the forecast I have seen it isn’t gonna get cold enough to be a bad ice storm.

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The wife and I went to the Wally World just off I-35 in Norman this morning around 11:00 and there was ZERO loaf bread on the shelf and the hot dog and hamburger bun section had been hit hard.......glad we didn't go after bread.

The only thing I picked up incoming storm related was a couple of cans of spray de-icer.

Last edited:

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I hope my dang electricity doesn’t go out. I haven’t gotten my generator yet. I love snow and welcome it but I do not want ice. That crap is a nightmare. But so far from the forecast I have seen it isn’t gonna get cold enough to be a bad ice storm.

Oh dang man!! I hope it doesn't ice, too. Several years ago when our power was out for a week my neighbor drove clear to Arkansas and back because that was the only place he could find a generator. Soon as the ice melted off and our power was back on he sold it. For a loss.

I will NEVER be without a generator ever again. When we got this new super-duper push-button start Honda (cuz with my neck I can't pull-start anything anymore) we sold it to some kid in here for like $75. I'm saving for Generac. LOL

I just can't figure why anyone would go to all that trouble to get one and then turn around and sell it not 2 weeks later. Some people's kids ...:preocc:

hunter966

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Annie that's funny you should say that about the Generac, we saved up and had one installed about 3 weeks ago.

The dog looses her mind when it does it’s test run on Monddy’s though. I think I’m gonna have to slip her a bottle of Jack about an hour before hand.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have thought about getting a generator but where we are at we have been VERY lucky. But the line that runs past our place feeds the whole town so it seems to be worked on very quickly and one of the linesmen lives right along sooner road south of town so my guess is his house will go out about the same time my place does. I can only imagine his wife when the power is out as well if I am correct. I figure he gets it on ASAP so he doesn't have to hear the nagging, LOL.

I do have a propane lantern and some of the little zippo hand warmers should it be longer than an hour or two for light and keeping warm but honestly have only used the hand warmer once or twice when I was outside walking the dog while he played in the snow. And he will be in heaven running around and playing in it. I was actually planning to drive to an area with a lot of snow but right now it looks like it will come right across home.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
lol, Cancun is over rated. Barbados is where it's at.
Crap I just gave away my undisclosed location.
I don't know. We spent 10 days on an 8 day vacation there. Had to ride out Hurricane Ivan and wait until they replaced the tarmac on the runway before we could get out.
We were there the same time Tiger Woods was marrying that Swedish Hottie before cheating on her, but never got the invite to the wedding. I guess it got lost in the mail.
Anyway, Barbados was kind of boring to us. The dang Britts and their stiff upper lip traditions were everywhere. They didn't like my Hornady Ammo accurate and deadly ball cap. All they wanted to drink was rum.
We got some nice pics and our first and only hurricane to ride out, so that was the interesting part about it. Lots of sugar cane fields, and some incredible surf on one part of the island if your into surfing.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We have three Generators. One is for the well house 3/10 mile away, one is for the house, and the other is usually kept in the barn at the farm for electric tools, but brought home tonight just in case. We aren't supposed to get much ice in Ponca, mainly snow, but I needed to bring home to service it anyway.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I haven't fired up my generator in a while. I better do that... dangit, not sure when I'm gonna have time. Maybe I can come home and do it on my lunch hour...

Latest posts

Top Bottom