Getting disability, how the hell do you do it????

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cavedweller

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a 25yr old nephew that was diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes in his pre-teens that can't work, but was denied disability. He is in pretty bad shape, I don't know what the medical term is but he has a tube coming out of his stomach that drains his urine. He can't control his bowels, his vision is poor, it's pretty cut and dry yet the SS office denied him saying "he can be a receptionist". He has had several menial jobs since high school, the latest was a year ago when he worked at Sprouts, but they cut him to 4 hrs a week and told him he could sweep the store only, this was after he got low and almost passed out. He can't afford to go a doctor and my parents who are barely getting buy pay for his insulin. So all that said, do you guys know what he can do to get help?

Haram

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
SS will deny every time if they can get away with it. A specialized social security attorney is the only step that I've every seen be effective. Good luck on this, don't let them get away with this kind of crap.

aarondhgraham

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yep, get one of those lawyers who advertise on the TV,,,
The Social Security people routinely deny people they should have allowed,,,
It's in part because of the lawyers this situation exists and it's not right but it is the way of the world.

They will take a fairly heavy percentage for a couple of years,,,
But it beats him getting nothing while others do get their share of the pie.

Aarond

COZICAN

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ask my neighbor two doors down. They're both on it and now their adult son is on it too. All three are more than capable of holding jobs. Ticks are all they are.

Kyle78

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Get a Lawyer, have a family member with the IQ of a 8 year old in a 70 year old body. We had to get a lawyer to get her on benefits. She can't even tie her shoes, but the SS Agent said she could type or do some menial work...what idiots.

Latest posts

Top Bottom