Getting healthy

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
By January of 2012, I had lost 70 pounds and was down to 205. I've stayed at that weight ever since. My doc took me off of all my meds and my A1C was down to 4.9. My current jeans size is 34 and I'm wearing a size XL shirt. I've also started Crossfit over the summer.

Dude that's awesome. Really looking good.

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok Fella's update time! Who else has changed their lifestyle?

Mile per minute pace 12:30
Typical run 3 days a week 5K (3.1 miles) Working towards a sub 30 5K, not bad considering I smoked for the last 24 years.
Weight is hanging in there at 170# I wanted to drop to 160 but I've had to increase my caloric intake to have the energy to run. But the waist line is still slimming down, 32" Waist now. Hell Yeah!

firepolicedude

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's awesome to see this thread on here. About 6 months ago my daughter was asked to begin a workout routine in her off season of softball to get ready for this spring/summer schedule. She chose Insanity and my wife and I agreed to do this with her. We completed all 60 days and it was a A$$ kicker. I am 41 y/o 6'6" and was a whopping 287. For as long as I can remember I have had to wear 2x Tall shirts or 3x because of my size. After finishing Insanity we then began to hit the weights and it has been amazing. To go back a little when our daughter started the workouts she also began taking supplements to gain strength and stamina due to the fact that she is 14 playing on a 18U Gold Team. The products her coach started her on were great and we saw a significant difference in all aspects (speed, strength, focus, energy, etc). Once we began the weights and more cardio my wife and I started using the products and they have made a huge difference in our lives. Of course we are eating right, exercising and doing all the right things along with taking the supplements. At 41 I never expected to be in this kind of shape and I keep getting better and better everyday. I work out 6 days/week and feel incredible. I am now down to 255, down a full waist size plus some and am actually in a xl tall now which I haven't wore in over 20 years. It still baffles me to go to the mall and look at the xl shirts rather than searching for 2 and 3x. I've learned so much in the last 6 months about nutrition and taking supplements that it's mind boggling and wish I would have know this years ago. But honestly it takes you getting your mind made up first before you can put a plan into action. I've tried a million times to do the workout thing but when I finally decided it has paid off. If I can help anyone reach their goal or become healthier I will do anything I can. Hope this gives someone a little inspiration to get off the couch and knock some pounds off.

If you want to see the products I am talking about go here and take a look www.advocare.com/121210434

James

Latest posts

Top Bottom