Getting healthy

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

neginfluence04

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
congrats to everyone that has made a life change to better your health. Roughly two years ago I started my journey and have lost over 100lbs.

I went from this

40206_147200915299398_6048372_n.jpg

13950_102308613121962_5462072_n.jpg

to this in roughly 2 years

544731_427593220593498_1468303709_n.jpg

536324_428771577142329_687922255_n.jpg

533382_442450445774442_235274035_n.jpg

All I did was change my eating habits and got moving. I don't really count calories instead I cut out all soda, all candy, all snacks, and all sugars. I won't eat anything that is made in the microwave (hot pockets, pizza rolls, and JUNK), instead I cook all my meals every morning and take them with me so I don't have an excuse to eat CRAP.

My meals usually look like this:
Breakfast:a high protein bagel, with 4 egg whites, and 2 slices of ham for breakfast
Snack #1: 2 slices of high protein bread and 2 table spoons of almond butter
Lunch: 8-14 oz of chicken, 1 cup of brown rice, and 1 cup of fresh veggies (green beans, chic peas, squash, celery, cucumbers, ect.)
Dinner: 12-16 oz of talapia or lean steak, 1 medium sweet potato, & 1 cup of veggies.]
Snack: 1 cup of hole wheat pasta, 5-8oz of lean turkey meat, and 1/2 cup of diced tomatoes

If I get the urge for something sweet I usually grab a fat free jello or yogurt to help crave my sweet tooth. This ^^^ isn't what I eat every day but it's very close or along the same lines.

I personally hate cardio but make myself do at least 30 mins after every workout. My workout schedule usually looks something like this:

Sunday = REST
Monday = REST
Tuesday = Chest
Wednesday = BACK
Thursday = LEGS
Friday = ARMS (biceps, triceps, and forearms)
Saturday = SHOULDERS and TRAPS

+ 30 mins of cardio Tuesday = Sunday

my main reason for getting into better shape was to make sure I would be around for many years to come for my wife and little girl.

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I get a moderate amount of aerobic exercise 3-4 times per week for perhaps an hour at each session. In additionally, do daily sit-ups, push-ups, V-ups or some combination in the AM and moderate weight lifting 2-3 times per week sometimes with the AM routine sometimes separately.

My diet is not in any way restricted but, once again, moderation is the key - Coca Cola is probably my one big weakness (I won't say "vice") and I simply restrict how much I have in any day or at any sitting to a 12 oz can equivalent.

I eat lots of veggies but also lots of meat, some processed food but mostly fresh - I think you get the point. It seems to em that while extreme responses may be required to correct extreme circumstances, at some point one should seek moderation and balance in behavior/diet, etc. if only to have a sustainable lifestyle!

T

texasmoon

I've been thinking about dropping some weight. This thread has inspired me. I'll post again soon so hopefully we can all start seeing the results.

okiemaggie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, I'm proud of me! I'm now down 30 lbs since mid-march and I've dropped 3 pants sizes. Actually I could have gone 4. They weren't tooooo tight :rolleyes2 But they were too short. Pants are only the proper length for me when platform shoes are in. LOL

tharper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm down around 10 lbs since March, but I've been lifting heavy consistently in that time frame as well. Not really sure what my body fat % was before, but it wasn't great. I was at 16.2% the other day. Still about 4% higher than I want to be, so I've stepped up the cardio quite a bit. Eating healthy is one of the biggest parts of losing unhealthy weight.

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just an update. Me at 27 (old DL), my work ID from 17 months ago (I actually put on a few more pounds than this I think) , and this morning after no sleep, age 31(new DL).

new license.jpg

penismightier

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So I started somewhere around 200-205
I dropped to 189, and have since gone back up to 197. I've been going to the gym 4-5 days a week for the last 3 months. I've been eating better foods, and have been eating a large amount of protein to help muscle growth.

Strength has gone up incredibly, and I'm loving it~!!

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So I started somewhere around 200-205
I dropped to 189, and have since gone back up to 197. I've been going to the gym 4-5 days a week for the last 3 months. I've been eating better foods, and have been eating a large amount of protein to help muscle growth.

Strength has gone up incredibly, and I'm loving it~!!

Yah!! Good for you ... I've lost over 10 pounds since surgery (OK ... 5 of that was boobie but still). I was complaining to the doctor today about sleeping all the time and she got onto me. Said I needed to give myself at least 6 weeks to get back into the swing of things. The prospect of actually being able to exercise again is exhilerating to say the least. I just to complain because I "HAD" to walk every day ... THEN I got to where I couldn't do anything. I'll never complain about being able to be physically active again!!

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Update. Down to 166lbs, been running for the last 2 months. Still can't complete a full mile without slowing to a fast walk for a little bit but I'm up to the first full half mile at a 10 minute per mile pace with the remaining mile of my 1.5 mile route working out to about 12:30 a mile now.Once I get that full mile down then I'll really begin working on expanding that distance. I did 5K a little while back with a 13:32 mile average pace.

First one is March of this year, second one is end of October and 3rd is Beginning of December

before.jpgafter.jpglast.jpg

n8thegr8

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well...Here's my story...

I was always a fat kid til I hit about 14, grew a foot and a half or so, and was thin almost overnight, but never really changed my eating habits. When I graduated high school, I was 6'1" and about 180, not skinny, but not fat either. Over the next few years, it all caught up with me. Freshman 15 was more like freshman 40, and by junior year I was up to 260.

I don't really remember what flipped the switch, but I decided to make a change. That January, I started casually eating less, working out a couple times a week, and about March, I noticed I lost 20 pounds. I thought, "wow, I wonder where this could go if I really tried?", so I started counting every calorie and running every day. After a couple months, I was running 2 miles a day, riding a bike everywhere, and lifting about an hour a day (Oh the life of a college student! I wish I had that kind of time now). By Thanksgiving, I was down to 160, 100 pounds in less than a year.

I did good keeping it off for about two years, but then I got married, went to work full time, and grad school full time, and long story short, 3 years later, I've gained back every pound.

Funny I saw this thread today, as this morning I was so disgusted with myself, not being able to find a shirt that fit, that I decided this is the week I get back on the wagon. My goal is to be back down to 200 at least in time for the Warrior Dash in May. Wish me luck!

Latest posts

Top Bottom