Getting healthy

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well since a diet and fitness forum doesn't exist guess this'll go here. After turning 40 I decided I needed to make some life changes. It's been a month since I smoked now and I have managed to drop 8 pounds in the last 5 weeks.

No fancy diets to follow just counting calories and 3 days a week on the treadmill. Instead of staying in one narrow calorie range I seem to do better varying my intake daily between 1200 and 1800.

I had started losing weight last year till I developed kidney stones, but I ballooned back up over 200. I am down to 185 now since the first of the year and 8 of those 15 were lost in the last 5 weeks since I really decided something needed to be done.

Anyone else been trying to change their life and having any success? I been thinking about hiking the trails at turkey mountain, cross country rough terrain hiking is a great calorie burner.

peanut

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Congratulations to both of you!
Eating healthy is not easy but it gets easier if you do it all the time. Not cheap either, but worth it.
We quit drinking pop quite a few years ago and now only on special occasions.
Keep up the good work.

stewartglock

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I started about a year ago in March and have lost 100 lbs to date. I started eating better and trying to exercise which consisted of mostly just walking and doing push ups and sit ups. I am up to running 3.5 miles each time out. I feel MUCH better and will now hopefully be around longer for my kids.

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Congratulations to both of you!
Eating healthy is not easy but it gets easier if you do it all the time. Not cheap either, but worth it.
We quit drinking pop quite a few years ago and now only on special occasions.
Keep up the good work.

Yeah it's weird we spend more for fewer groceries volume wise but it seems to go a longer ways. than before. My son is enjoying the wife and I's diet as well. Lot's of fresh food and vegetables both of which he loves. I like shopping at whole foods for veggies.

I knocked out all the empty soda calories last year, but I have not been a big water drinker in the past and that caught up with me in the form of kidney stones, now I get 1 diet soda, 2 cups of coffee and 1 glass of tea a week everything else is water. That was my first wake up call. The second one was trying to catch my dog after she chewed something up in the house and I was out of breath and wheezing in 15 seconds flat. Went to the doctor got a welbutrin prescription and quit smoking, knew I would start eating more so I decided I had to diet, exercise and lose weight if I was going to quit smoking. Replace one habit with another habit. It has helped.

MarkV

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I started P90X about a week ago, it's kickin' my A$$.....

I hear ya. Our son is 8 weeks old now so my wife thought it was a good idea to start Insanity ( I hear P90X and Insanity are a lot alike). So that means it a good idea for me to start Insanity too. Only bad thing is it cuts into my drinking time. :)

Congrats to everyone making a personal decision and trying to be healthier.

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I hear ya. Our son is 8 weeks old now so my wife thought it was a good idea to start Insanity ( I hear P90X and Insanity are a lot alike). So that means it a good idea for me to start Insanity too. Only bad thing is it cuts into my drinking time. :)

Congrats to everyone making a personal decision and trying to be healthier.

I did Insanity for over 120 days last year. They are not alike.....

I like Insanity, and will end up blending some Insanity workouts with the P90X.

Latest posts

Top Bottom