Glock 29 extraction problem

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eagle Eye

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, Im pretty sure I wasn't limpwristing. I shot other 10mm ammo through the 29 and wasn't having that problem. I also shot the reloads through the G40 and wasnt having that problem. Wouldn't limpwristing be a problem that transfers to all guns? Or you think I could just be limpwristing the little 29 with the reloads?

I did a detail strip and saw nothing unusual.

I am leaning toward the idea of the spring since it was only doing this with the hot ammo.

Last edited:

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It was the recoil spring.

I’m just curious; because I have a 29 too partly. Was it a stock spring? If so, was it just time to change or did it just fail? Please; elaborate a little more on what caused this and your fix etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eagle Eye

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought the gun used. I believe it had a stock spring. Old one looks identical to the one I replaced it with. Although I am not sure on exact round count, I put about 2000 rounds through it. I also do not know what the cause of the failure was, but i think a regular diet of 10mm wore the spring out. The same spring is used for the G30 and G36. Wonder if the springs last longer in the soft shooting 45's :)

I replaced it with a stock Glock guide rod and spring. I will probably start replacing guide rod and recoil spring between 2-3K rounds regardless of reliability issues since it is my CC.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I tend to agree. In fact, if I buy a used pistol I might have to count on, a new recoil spring is cheap insurance. Good call.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom