Glock 29 extraction problem

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eagle Eye

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So I loaded up some firm 10mm. 155gn HP's behind 9.9gn Power pistol. Thats max load, which i had worked up previously.

I was shooting these from a Glock 40 and a Glock 29. The Glock 40 ate em up but the 29 had problems ejecting/extracting. Brass would get caught by the slide (stovepiping?). The brass never flipped up (vertical), it was horizontal (parallel) with the barrel. In a few instances the bass was still held by the extractor?

Any idea what might be going on?

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If the brass was still in the grip of the extractor, my first thought is there something there causing it to hold the spent case...maybe some built up crud? Take a toothpick/brush and clean the extractor hook; is it all good? Now, take the slide off, slide the barrel out, and slide a round up the breech face and under the hook...does it hold it there, even if you turn the slide right side back up and shake to check? Is that okay too? Try some different ammo to see if you can isolate it to that as your issue. Still acting up? Maybe someone smarter than me can help you out then.

Buzzdraw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Detail strip the slide, clean, inspect, and re-assemble. Problem is likely related to one of the items already mentioned in this post; detail strip will make it easier to eliminate them.

Latest posts

Top Bottom