Glock 30S - Anyone tried one yet?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zedster

Marksman
Reaction score
I just bought one 2-3 weeks ago from Sooner State Pawn (thanks again, Tommy!). I've put about 100 rounds through it so far and it's performed flawlessly. The rear sight needs a slight adjustment as it shoots left, but no big deal there. To be honest, if you've ever shot a Glock before, it feels like a Glock. No frills, it just does what it's supposed to do and it does it well.

Also bought my pistol from Sooner State pawn as well. Tommy, Todd and crews are great people, Thanks.

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There are some holsters that "work" for the 30S, but I haven't found many that are specifically designed for it. I wouldn't mind having both an IWB and an OWB holster. Crossbreed makes an IWB for the 30S. I would like a Serpa CQC OWB for mine, but they don't appear to have one yet. I've test fit the G26 or G27 Serpa, and it fit, but it was really tight. Too tight for my preferences.

Is anyone carrying their 30S yet? If so, in which holsters?

loudshirt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How does it compare to the regular everyday G 30? How is the recoil?

Also from what I have read Glock placed a different recoil spring in the 30s to make it more reliable.

zedster

Marksman
Reaction score
How does it compare to the regular everyday G 30? How is the recoil?

Also from what I have read Glock placed a different recoil spring in the 30s to make it more reliable.

The Glock 30S has the looks of a Gen3 on the outside with the Gen4 upgrades on the inside. Felt recoil is minimal, easy to get back on target, concealable, overall great shooter. Only down side as of now is holster and changing sights options. It is still kind of new and the market will have to catch up.

Dan075

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
There are some holsters that "work" for the 30S, but I haven't found many that are specifically designed for it. I wouldn't mind having both an IWB and an OWB holster. Crossbreed makes an IWB for the 30S. I would like a Serpa CQC OWB for mine, but they don't appear to have one yet. I've test fit the G26 or G27 Serpa, and it fit, but it was really tight. Too tight for my preferences.

Is anyone carrying their 30S yet? If so, in which holsters?

I have this one and really like it. http://shop.hiddenhybridholsters.com/HHH-C1-HHH-C1.htm?productId=4 I also have a Serpa CQC for a model 30, works fine.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've wondered about this new pistol; the last Glock I had was a G36, and while I loved its slenderness, the recoil left me smarting, literally. I don't know why, as I've shot 3" 1911's with no issue, but pulling the trigger on the G36 left me feeling like someone had just smacked my open palm with a length of 2x4". After one magazine's worth of shooting, I was ready to put the pistol away, so after a couple range sessions, I sold it. I know it's highly subjective, but will the G30S have less felt recoil than the G36, does anyone know?

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've wondered about this new pistol; the last Glock I had was a G36, and while I loved its slenderness, the recoil left me smarting, literally. I don't know why, as I've shot 3" 1911's with no issue, but pulling the trigger on the G36 left me feeling like someone had just smacked my open palm with a length of 2x4". After one magazine's worth of shooting, I was ready to put the pistol away, so after a couple range sessions, I sold it. I know it's highly subjective, but will the G30S have less felt recoil than the G36, does anyone know?

I can't compare it to the G36, but can say with 185 and 230 gr, I didn't walk away thinking anything of the recoil.

Latest posts

Top Bottom