Glock vs. Walther

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmike314

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OK......so here's the deal.

I'm seriously thinking about selling my Glock 19 and purchasing a Walther...either the PPQ or P99.
Anybody out there want to talk me out of it / into it?
I love my 19 and shoot it fairly well...never planned on getting rid of it. However, not too long ago, I acquired a Walther P22 and have found that I highly enjoy shooting it. I've handled the Walther 9mm's and like the way they feel and I plan to shoot them when I can find time and a range that has them for rent.

Looking for advice, personal opinions, pros, cons, first hand experience.

Thanks.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've had all three. The P-22 was a POS. The P-99 is a good gun. I had a real Walther and regret getting rid of it. I now have a Smith & Walther P-99.

Between the two, I'd rather have the Glock. One reason being that holsters and magazines are a little difficult and pricey for the P-99.

RIP

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
[QUOTE="Fyrtwuck;2318661"Between the two, I'd rather have the Glock. One reason being that holsters and magazines are a little difficult and pricey for the P-99.[/QUOTE]

This ^^^^ is very true. You can almost always find mags, holsters, and accessory a for the Glock at a much cheaper price.

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Shoot'em against each other. It's the only way to be sure you're making the right choice. Then post the pics on this thread. We are waiting...

davek

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a PPQ, for me it's the perfect pistol. My groups sizes with it are half the size of what I shoot with other pistols, except for my Walther PPS.
It's hard to beat a Glock for practicality though.
I agree with the shoot 'em both and then decide. I suspect many ranges have Glocks to rent, if they don't have a PPQ maybe someone on this board can help you out.

zedster

Marksman
Reaction score
Why not have both? Guns are not like a woman, its ok to handle them all. :)

I would look at the fact that was said earlier that Glock products and accessories are all over the place. The P99 AS is a DA/SA while the PPQM2 and the Glock are SA pistols. Some people do not like the DA/SA pistols or the way they handle. But just say if you wanted something smaller and wanted a change of pace(wanted a DA/SA pistol) you could get a P99c AS which is the compact version. Great shooter, sexy looking, very nice feel to the pistol overall. I would keep the Glock, nothing worse than trading or selling a pistol for another one and then you hate the new one and wish you had the old one back.

jmike314

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hmmmmmm.............
Much thinking going on over here.
I was going to sell the 19 in order to fund the PPQ but now I'm thinking of keeping it.....at least until I decide that the Walther is the only on I need. I'm really leaning toward the PPQ.
Maybe I'll move a rifle or 2 instead.

Sent from my BNTV400 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom