Got a chrony today

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Gonna be some load work with my rifles when the weather clears..specifically the 30-06
I have shot many through my buddies chrony..just need my own tool.
BTW a primed 357 case and a 6" revolver will sent a crayon flying at 223.4fps

Too much fun.

7stw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Which make/model did you get ? Congrats. I need to get my own myself. Really don't want to have to replace one that isn't mine.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My buddy's chrony was always with him ..i never shot through it unless he was there at the range with it..
I got the cheap F1 chrony brand.
That is what my buddy has and it works great...I do not need memory or any fancy stuff..just tell me how fast and i will write it down.
These used to be 75 bucks..but inflation does not play nice..99 bucks + tax...

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Load some crayons or glue sticks or just push a primed case into some old candle or canning wax.
all that makes for some fun shootin' in the backyard or garage/shed.

I take the 357 mag to the river and all the kids love to shoot it with a crayon broken off into the case...They get to choose their color.

A great target is a cardboard box sealed up and a red rag draped over it...The crayon will hit the rag and push it into the box.
If you just shoot an empty box it will go through about 3-4 layers of cardboard..you have been warned.

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
One of the best investments I made years ago was getting a Chronny.

We used to practice speed shooting with wax bullets. Take your primed/sized brass and set them open end into a pan of hot wax. Wait to cool, pull out, shoot away. We shot them into the back of our garage so we could reclaim the wax and re-use.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
chrony alpha master here. very important for downloading in black powder conversions and such. we've shot many plastic boolits in the garage as kids.

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
chrony alpha master here. very important for downloading in black powder conversions and such. we've shot many plastic boolits in the garage as kids.

I remember those plastic .38 rounds. Red case, black plastic projectile. We shot them into that old hook-latch owl pillow. Dad never used them again since he said the Model 66 was really tough to clean up after that. Pretty wild firing a "real" gun in the garage!

Latest posts

Top Bottom