Got This Trailer In MY Garage...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
bought this little T@B trailer and live in an HOA neighborhood-can't keep the trailer in the drive. The manufacturer says it can be stored in a garage-ha! It was too tall. I bought some of those dollies from a large company that sells nothing but Chinese tools (HF) and took the tires of the trailer off because the height of the garage door is not high enough so I put the cheap dollies under the frame-no luck, it still wouldn't fit through the door of the garage. So then I put the dollies under each hub and finally got it in the garage only after taking the top weather seal off the garage entry. Now I have the trailer in but I took the dollies back and got a refund due to the wheels going different directions and resultant flat spots on the wheels. So, I figured I'd buy a couple of wheels on EBay. I did and waited expectantly of the day of their arrival. They finally arrived and wouldn't you know it, they were trailer rims and tires for a boat trailer and they wouldn't fit over the hubs so I sent them back. Then I had another bright idea, buy some rims and use only the rims to run it in and out of the garage and put the original wheels/tires not he trailer in the drive. So I go to local salvage yards an they want $25 for a used rim. I told them I can do better than that on EBay. The guiy says go to EBay then which I did bought two rims for $15 each + $13 shipping from Ft Worth. They're here in three days=yipee! Put them on, they fit but noticed the garage door was still too short for the trailer.
So, then I go back to the salvage yard and ask if they can cut the rims. No dice, they can't do it. Then I go to Tisdell's Trailers in Nicoma Park and they won't cut them either but recommended me to David's Welding on Westminister. David is good guy. David has a Plasma Cutter. David enjoys working with his Plasma cutter. He cut the outer rims off neat as you please in 15 minutes or less and charged men $25.00! Good deal. I go home and put them on the trailer and behold! The trailer is now short enough to fit in and out of the garage door. God is good!

71buickfreak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That sucks. Glad you got it handled. I take it you can't put in the back yard?

I hate HOAs, petty BS. That's why I live in the country. my 24-foot enclosed race trailer fits in my driveway just fine!

aviator41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Damn, thats quite the epic take of trailer angst!

Glad you got it fixed. shoulda hit up OSA. I'd have cut and trimmed them for ya no charge. Helped a guy with some battery boxes for his boat over the summer. cut them to custom fit for a big stereo system in his wakeboard boat. Love love LOVE my plasma cutter!! I've used it on all sorts of stuff from restoring two vehicles (custom panel replacements) to making custom bumpers and winch plates.

Here's the last custom winch mount I made. I've lifted the entire front of the truck with this mount

i687.photobucket.com_albums_vv234_aviator4_Truck_IMG_3882.jpg

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dang, I've got a Plasma cutter, and didn't know you guys were into this. Mine is a substitute for a cutting torch on aluminum, steel, and stainless.

Is yours a table model? CNC?

Mine is for a pipline company bought used to bevel pipe, but it works really good free hand.

aviator41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Mine is a hand held version, but I've created a new wand for use on the CNC. We've cut out hundreds of letters and stuff from 16 guage steel.

my daughter sarcastically asked if I could make her a pony, so I did.
[Broken External Image]

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mine is a hand held version, but I've created a new wand for use on the CNC. We've cut out hundreds of letters and stuff from 16 guage steel.

my daughter sarcastically asked if I could make her a pony, so I did.
[Broken External Image]

Awesome job. Wish I had 3 of those for my granddaughters for Christmas. Willing to sell me some?

Latest posts

Top Bottom