Great place for a steak

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
Having went to Mahogany for our 25th anniversary - my suggestion is Costco for some of the angus prime filets, couple bottles of Cabernet and grill at home!! Just irks me to no end when paying that much for something I can cook as good or better at home. We've had good steaks at Longhorn even though a chain.

Last time went to Charleston's on Meridian was let down. Just average and it had been one of our "go to" spots for consistency.
In Tulsa the best steaks are found at Long Horn Stake House, this is a chain , so I'm sure the same would be true in OKC. I have worked as a meat cutter since I was a teenager with my father, on weekends, and summers. Full time for several years, then part time after becoming a City Fitrefighter. Have cut stakes for Tulsa Beef and Prevision, that supplies most restarants in N.E. OK. Some places substute different cuts as rib-eye, and other prime cuts, because they are cheaper! I have cut a train load of rib eyes, and can spot one from a mile. There is nothing wrong with these substitute cuts, but that is not what you are paying for. Molly's Landing a high dollar Stake House near Tulsa, serves really good food, but are not cheap. The last time we went there and ordered rib eye steak, we got cuts from the chuck, the same part chuck roast are cut from! Not as tender as rib eye, It tasted good, and I just let it slide, and payed the near $100.00 for two meals without mixed drinks, or appitizers, but will likely not go back!

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Cattleman’s is good if you wave a crappy breakfast steak and eggs with some mediocre restaurant coffee. I feel it really fills a good spot doing that. But don’t go expecting a good steak.

@ OP I dunno what kinda budget you’re on. If you want a really nice steak, more on the fine dining side, go to red prime steakhouse. If you want something pretty good, but affordable in a more family setting, go to hollies flat iron grill in Moore.
Oh man, I forgot about Hollies in Moore. That place is great. I haven't been there since pre-Covid. That will be remedied soon.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Personally, I’m not a fan of Red Rock Canyon Grill. The one time I ate there, they sauced the steak (a big no-no for me) and the AMBIANCE WAS DEAFENING.

I haven’t eaten at Cattlemen’s in a couple of years, but I’ve never had a bad steak there. I’ve had a few that weren’t awesome, but never a bad one.

Latest posts

Top Bottom