Greg Abbott working to 'swiftly' pardon Army Sergeant convicted of murder in Black Lives Matter riot

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You don't understand, Austin is just far East LA and has been that way for decades. More Communists per acre than mainland China.
But but but but it's all the CA liberals who've moved to TX the last 5-6 years that have turned Austin blue and a liberal chithole.

I'm pretty sure I know better than anyone on OSA how F'ed up CA really is. Spend the first 49 years of my life there and dealing with so much of the BS liberals inflicted on the residents of the state. I'm also on several social forums/groups involved around people moving out of CA to other states. THese groups have 10s of thousands of members and the vast majority of them vote Red. I'd estimate 90+% are conservative. Many of which were moving to TX.

Are there some that move from CA, OR, WA, NY or IL to Texas that vote blue? Sure. But blaming CA or any of these aforementioned states for the ills of TX is obsurd. It's catchy and sounds awesome but Native Texans need to look in their mirrors and get their own houses in order before blaming people moving into TX for the direction their state is slowly creeping.

Good read in this article. Has stats and facts rather than just platitudes. Some here may dismiss the website or what it says and that's fine. If you do then post facts opposing what the article shows.

I found this particular paragraph in the article very interesting.
"....In a 2018 exit poll in the hard-fought U.S. Senate race between Sen. Ted Cruz (who had moved to Texas) and then-Rep. Beto O’Rourke (a Texas native), natives preferred O’Rourke by plus-3 points whereas movers favored Cruz by plus 15. Cruz won the race by 2.6 percent, meaning that if it were up to people who were Texans by birth, Cruz would have lost reelection....."

https://www.texaspolicy.com/new-pol...texas-arent-going-to-be-voting-for-democrats/

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
It’s Austin that’s why. If Texas goes blue, we’ll never have a Republican President again. The race is almost impossible to win without the 55 electoral votes there. Get ready.
I have faith in the American People, I'm more concerned with election intregrity, importing MILLIONS of illegal immigrants and allowing them to vote for the politicians that BROUGHT THEM HERE WITH PROMISES OF A FREE RIDE! With ALL the news media in their pocket, they can make this ridiclous plan work, as the 2020 Presidential election proves! We have survived ever imagionalbe type politician, crooks, fools, perverts, even traitors, but Without REAL, FREE, LEGITIMATE, ELECTIONS, I'm not sure our GREAT NATION CAN SURVIVE, ARE YOU?

Frank Pope

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
But but but but it's all the CA liberals who've moved to TX the last 5-6 years that have turned Austin blue and a liberal chithole.

I'm pretty sure I know better than anyone on OSA how F'ed up CA really is. Spend the first 49 years of my life there and dealing with so much of the BS liberals inflicted on the residents of the state. I'm also on several social forums/groups involved around people moving out of CA to other states. THese groups have 10s of thousands of members and the vast majority of them vote Red. I'd estimate 90+% are conservative. Many of which were moving to TX.

Are there some that move from CA, OR, WA, NY or IL to Texas that vote blue? Sure. But blaming CA or any of these aforementioned states for the ills of TX is obsurd. It's catchy and sounds awesome but Native Texans need to look in their mirrors and get their own houses in order before blaming people moving into TX for the direction their state is slowly creeping.

Good read in this article. Has stats and facts rather than just platitudes. Some here may dismiss the website or what it says and that's fine. If you do then post facts opposing what the article shows.

I found this particular paragraph in the article very interesting.
"....In a 2018 exit poll in the hard-fought U.S. Senate race between Sen. Ted Cruz (who had moved to Texas) and then-Rep. Beto O’Rourke (a Texas native), natives preferred O’Rourke by plus-3 points whereas movers favored Cruz by plus 15. Cruz won the race by 2.6 percent, meaning that if it were up to people who were Texans by birth, Cruz would have lost reelection....."

https://www.texaspolicy.com/new-pol...texas-arent-going-to-be-voting-for-democrats/
No, people in Texas can be just as dumb as Californians. Austin has been left for decades.

mavs

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Can someone tell me what it is that the democrats and communists offer that makes having them in office such an attractive option? Unless you are a complete crook and lawless criminal who want to be allowed to commit crime and expect no prosecution, what else is good about the democrats?

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It seems like this guy intentionally went down to that area. I get being blocked while on an interstate or some other main road, but why did he apparently seek out the protest?

mavs

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
It seems like this guy intentionally went down to that area. I get being blocked while on an interstate or some other main road, but why did he apparently seek out the protest?
What does it matter ? Lots and lots of people intentionally went to that area and nothing is illegal about that. Don't know if he did or not, but he still had every right to protect himself from a clown who aimed a gun at him.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What does it matter ? Lots and lots of people intentionally went to that area and nothing is illegal about that. Don't know if he did or not, but he still had every right to protect himself from a clown who aimed a gun at him.

If he intentionally went down there to interfere, it matters. Other cars passed through that intersection without any issues didn't they?

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If he intentionally went down there to interfere, it matters. Other cars passed through that intersection without any issues didn't they?
It doesn't help that he had previous social media posts about killing people and might have sought out the protest.

Per the Guardian
In court, prosecutors brought up Facebook messages that Perry sent prior to Foster’s killing.

In one message, Perry wrote: “No protesters go near me or my car” and “I might go to Dallas to shoot looters,” the Austin television news outlet KTBC reported.

Another message that Perry sent on 31 May 2020 said: “I might have to kill a few people on my way to work they are rioting outside my apartment complex.” A few days later, Perry commented on a Facebook post of a video titled Protesters Looters Get Shot San Antonio Texas, writing, “glad someone finally did something”.

During the trial, Austin police detective William Bursley testified about evidence found on Perry’s cellphone. Part of the evidence included online searches for “protest tonight”, “protesters in Seattle gets shot”, “riot shootouts” and “protests in Dallas live”.

Latest posts

Top Bottom