Gun Refund

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HMCS(FMF)Ret.

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I got a call from my credit card company today. They said they talked to the gun dealer and were told I should have a refund no later than Friday. My credit card company told me that if I don't get a refund by Friday, they will credit my account for the money and take things into their own hands. The name of the company is Rockwell Arms out of Idaho.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here's the deal on that type of issue. If you place an order online with a cc and the item isn't in stock, the seller shouldn't charge the full amount to the cc until the item is in stock and ready to ship! Doing so is disreputable and if it takes more than 60 days, may cc issuers will not protect you from loss. It instantly make me think the dealer is short on operating capital and robbing Peter to pay Paul. Ultimately, someone down the line will get screwed. If it's an expensive and hard to move item if the buyer backs out, charge a restocking fee so you can dump it quickly without a loss should that happen.

If a seller charges my card on an out of stock item, the clock is ticking on the purchase. If I don't have it within 45 days, the seller has the choice to issue a full refund via cc, or I dispute the charge. No "the check is in the mail" BS. Then I never do business with them again.

HMCS(FMF)Ret.

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Found this on Rockwell Arms Home Page. Hopefully nobody here had money down on an order with them.

ATTENTION

Dear Customers:
For many reasons, we’ve had to close our doors at Rockwell Arms. We are currently working with a law firm that will be filing a Chapter 7 liquidation within the next several days. We know we have caused many of our customers irritation as our reduced staff has been unable to respond to inquiries while trying to figure out a way forward. We apologize for our failure to communicate with those of you who have outstanding orders with us, and we will be corresponding with you soon.

We hope to sell the website at RockwellArms.com to a company that will be able to operate it more successfully than we have, and we will post updates here periodically.

Thank you for your business with us the last several years.

Sincerely,

Rockwell Arms

Latest posts

Top Bottom