Guns you regret buying or building

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
.38 special Davis Derringer. Took it in partial trade for some work I did. That thing would only dent the side of my burn barrels. No penetration. Couldn't get rid of it fast enough. Traded it and cash for a gun that could be used.

deerwhacker444

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's too bad. I know not all JM guns are perfect but fortunately I've never come across a bad one.
I'd just like to know if it's fixable. I know a little bit of Machining, but I'm no Gunsmith or Machinist. Would probably have to be broken down to bare parts to assess.

Might make a nice donor for a .25/35 some day if it's fixable.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I'd just like to know if it's fixable. I know a little bit of Machining, but I'm no Gunsmith or Machinist. Would probably have to be broken down to bare parts to assess.

Might make a nice donor for a .25/35 some day if it's fixable.
There are some guys over at marlinowners.com that can probably tell you. Hopefully it's not a big project.

cal7.62x39

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When I was younger and of slightly less inteligence I polished a mosin nagant to the point that it went from an ok shooter to start to a tactical turd that could not hot the barn side of a broad. Easily over 1K flushed.
20160617_194517.jpg

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I don't think I've ever regretted any of my gun purchases.

I've traded into a few that I couldn't sell fast enough! :)

slas

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My DPMS G2 Hunter in 308. I decided that I needed a do it all gun that I would use for hunting and a SHTF gun. I couldn't find one with the 20" barrel anywhere and finally found one for sale in Virginia. Made a deal with the guy and paid $1600 shipped. Already had a nice vortex scope, custom threaded, upgraded gas block, break, etc. I hated the trigger so I put a $250 Geissele trigger. I've had it over a year and and have maybe put 60-70 rounds through it. Nothing wrong with it but I'm opposite to many other on this thread, I love my bolt guns. I've worked up loads for my Tikka CTR 308 and love shooting it. I bring the DPMS and shoot it a bit but the Tikka puts it to shame in the accuracy department. I know it's my fault because I haven't concentrated on working up a custom load just for the DPMS. I've seen a few videos of others that have and get very good accuracy out of it. I added a Ruger SR-556 to my arsenal and with the price of ammo so much cheaper I decided to sell or trade the DPMS. Just traded it for a US Optics scope....hope he get more use out of it than I did.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom